Senior Financial Analyst – Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute
- Configuration Delivery Lead - Remote - Eden Prairie, MN
- Chief Clinical Officer of Affordability - Remote - Eden Prairie, MN
- Senior Clinical Quality Analyst - Remote - Eden Prairie, MN
- Senior Product Manager - HouseCalls - Remote - Eden Prairie, MN
- Sr. Project Manager II - Remote - Eden Prairie, MN
UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
This Senior Financial Analyst role is a key member of the Finance and Accounting team within Optum responsible for driving analysis and financial optimization of Optum Care. This individual will develop financial models, track key performance metrics, build forecasts, support growth initiatives and provide analytics to assist in key business decisions. The ideal candidate is a curious individual, looking to learn and quickly contribute in a fast-paced growth business.
- Participate in month-end close process by analyzing actual expense versus budget/forecast and documenting variances
- Analyze and report on financials and partner with senior management to manage budgets
- Prepare monthly and forecast cycle reports required by our corporate partners
- Perform ad hoc growth initiative reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Provide summarized dashboard reporting to management on a recurring basis
- Implement process improvement initiatives and automation for efficiency
- Collaborate effectively with different teams across the enterprise, through cross functional project work
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS Degree in relevant field (Accounting, Finance, Economics)
- 2+ years of experience in Financial or Analytical
- Proficient in MS Excel and other MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience anticipating accounting, financial reporting, forecasting, and operational issues, assessing their implications, and developing and implementing an appropriate action plan
- Solid ability to work collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment to drive revenue enhancement and expense management initiatives
- Solid executive presence, communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Financial Analyst, Finance, Accounting, Analyst, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota