MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community.
An Associate of Revenue Accounting and Reporting, responsible for accounting, reporting and analysis related to MSCI’s Real Estate segment. This role will be responsible for performing various aspects of the financial and management accounting, analytics and reporting related to Subscription Revenues arising from various contracts with clients.
Scope of Responsibility
- Conduct contract review and ensure proper revenue recognition treatment in accordance with ASC 606 and MSCI’s policy
- Perform revenue operations, which includes execution of monthly revenue close, variance analysis, reporting, and account reconciliations for revenue and related accounts agreements
- Document procedures and policies governing existing and future revenue accounting processes
- Support audits performed by internal audit, external audit, and SOX teams
- Contribute and support special projects as assigned, including finance transformation projects
- Good speaking and writing skills in English
- Finance and accounting background, preferably with prior experience of the finance or SaaS industry in a similar role
- Investigative and creative approach to problem solving
- High Attention to detail
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently, with initiative and to demonstrate ownership for tasks
- Proactive personality
- Advanced Excel skills, SAP and Microsoft Power BI experience a plus
- University / College degree in accounting or finance, with 3-5 years post education professional experience
- Experience with US GAAP accounting, particularly ASC 606 revenue recognition is a plus
- Experience in creating presentations in PowerPoint or similar software a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.