Mars is a family-owned business with more than 130,000 associates globally, making diverse products and offering services for people and pets.
The Finance Director – Indirect Procurement will provide strategic financial guidance and finance leadership to the commercial service businesses. This includes, but is not limited to take the leadership in (i) FP&A and longer term planning, (ii) stakeholder, risk and investment management, and (iii) acquisition integration.
The role is likely to adjust and flex based on demand within MGS. The job holder will need to demonstrate strong ability to strategic agility, deal comfortably with ambiguity, superior problem solving skills, strong business acumen, change management experience, and demonstrate track record around application of best practices to drive value-added efficiencies and development of new capabilities. Commercial business is around $55m in costs, supports $8BN of indirect procurement, has 4 direct reports and the role influences 7 key stakeholders (the MGS Commercial LT)
This role is a member of the MGS S&F Leadership Team (MGS S&FLT) as well as the MGS Global Commercial LT.
What are we looking for?
- You need to be able to influence senior stakeholders, progress a high degree of collaboration and socialization in the interest of properly maintaining relationships and proactively managing expectations.
- You will need to love solving problems, with your excellent analytical skills and looking forward you will provide key insights to the leadership team.
- You will need high capability of strategic leadership, creating a compelling vision and purpose and building engagement and alignment across a large and dispersed global and multicultural organization.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Strategic leadership
– Become a trusted Business Partner to the MGS Commercial Service line and Support the Global leadership team, providing strategic leadership through support, advice and guidance to VP’s/Directors, and segment S&F and business units
– Be the finance custodian to ensure proper controls and governance are in place in terms of compliance, risk and investment management
– Be a key player in the service business transformational program, leading in defining investment philosophy, developing business case, establishing governance process and benefit tracking
- Finance leadership
– Provide finance leadership in managing the MGS service business and support function spends with their actual and plan, drive insightful analysis to enhance performance.
– Develop the principle, agenda and approach for the service business planning process and ensure high quality delivery
– Develop robust tracking and reporting mechanisms to help the service business owner understanding the performance, opportunities and challenges
– Build a transparent, mutual cost sharing methodology and process with segment including
– Create strong relationships with the Mars Inc. CFO community, as an ambassador for the MGS service businesses to which we provide support.
– Be a key driver on efficiency improvement by continuously reviewing existing processes, defining new and more efficient solutions, applying best practices, and coaching associates through the change process.
- People Management
– Build a string and highly engaged S&F team, currently consisting of 4 associates
– As a member of the MGS Services & Finance (S&F) Leadership Team, managing the overall S&F org, engagement, Priorities and the key deliverables for the global S&F team.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.