EcoAct is an international climate consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations succeed in their climate ambitions. Simplifying the challenges and complexities involved, we help businesses to implement positive change and deliver sustainable solutions for a low carbon world.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance, delivering economic, social and environmental value.
At EcoAct we are a diverse bunch of people all driven by the same purpose – to tackle the world’s environmental challenges. It might be our job but it is also our personal passion.
About the role
Our Advisory Team helps our clients create business value through carbon, energy and sustainability management. EcoAct supports businesses in defining and implementing their climate strategy, transforming their business model and making the consideration of climate change a real performance lever.
Our service offering includes a suite of interventions that form the basis of our A to Zero go to market strategy, carefully designed to support each stage of the corporate Net Zero journey.
With a significant increase in Net Zero commitments by corporates we are seeing a significant increase in demand. The role of the Senior Consultant (Sustainable Finance) is to support the continued development of our Net Zero service offering, specifically across our climate services linked to the financial services sector.
Reporting to the Director of Advisory, Northern Europe, the Senior Consultant will oversee piloting and/or contributing to various advisory projects, primarily with financial institutions (banks, asset managers, institutional investors, etc.)
In order to support financial institutions in integrating climate issues into their activities, this role will be responsible for:
- Assessment of the carbon impact of investments and financing on portfolios of financial or real assets.
- Analysing client investments, needs and proposing creative and innovative solutions, both in terms of technical as well as marketing expertise.
- Supporting on the commercial development of the “Sustainable Finance” sector
- Building, developing and sustaining customer relationships, contributing to customer proposals, defining the parameters and implementing client projects.
- Alignment of client goals with the Paris Agreement (SBT).
- Evaluation and identification of climate risks associated with investment.
- Evaluation of the contribution to low-carbon and resilient transition.
- Climate reporting: Taxonomy, PRA, Article 29, NFRD, CDP, TCFD.
- Development of a climate strategy (“net zero”) and associated action plan.
The Senior Consultant – Sustainable Finance will have significant experience within the sustainability sector. This role requires a wide variety of capabilities. The list below covers the main items;
- Substantial professional experience in the sustainability sector, specifically within the field of sustainable finance, acquired within a specialised consulting firm or ESG teams of a financial institution.
- Experience of at least one of the following areas of activity is essential: carbon footprint of financial or real asset portfolios, alignment methodologies for financial actors (i.e. SBTi Finance, PACTA), climate risk modelling.
- Knowledge of regulatory contexts related to climate change is essential.
- Beyond his or her technical skills, the candidate has a good command of project management. He or she demonstrates good interpersonal skills with customers and has an appetite for the development of the business.
- Excellent grasp of Excel and/or programming languages (Python, R) is appreciated.
Salary and Benefits
EcoAct know how important it is to look after our colleagues. As well as a competitive salary EcoAct offers a comprehensive benefits package including a flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, life insurance, professional subscriptions, personal carbon offsetting.
EcoAct offers a great opportunity for your personal development and career advancement. We offer a structured career development path with clear timelines and expectations for progression.
Working with our dedicated team of experts, you will gain a high level of skills development and expertise, starting with our in-depth induction programme, through to ongoing technical training and an extensive range of learning and development opportunities through our training platform MyLearn.
The role will be based in the UK with a flexible blend of home and office working. The successful applicant will be required to travel to and from the London head office as required for business purposes and potentially internationally on assignment
Company culture is of great importance to us and is something that every member of EcoAct helps to create. Our colleague led initiative, which represents the three pillars of Colleagues, Community and Environment, runs numerous activities including, “Veggie lunches”, volunteering and fund-raising opportunities, wellbeing activities, plastic reduction and energy saving initiatives, social events and sports teams.
Employee well-being is a key priority for us and we recognise the importance of work-life balance and how EcoAct can be supportive of individual needs. If working from home, working part-time or flexible start and finish times will help with this, please let us know as part of your application.
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Type of Employment
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
EcoAct is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.