UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization – Optum – behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model – integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Reliant Medical Group, part of Optum has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst to join our team. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Manager, Senior Analysts, Director, all levels of management and others in the development and distribution of a variety of routine and strategic financial analyses. Utilizing appropriate financial, operational and statistical data, identifies trends and suggests opportunities to improve financial or operational performance.
- Supports the evaluation and analysis of corporate business opportunities and issues as directed by Manager, Senior Analysts, Director and/or Chief Financial Officer. Strives to meet departmental goals & objectives, as well as ad hoc financial analysis
- Generates analysis, forecasts and financial models; assemble and distributes management reporting packages to be utilized by executive and management teams. Collaborates with management at all levels to drive the preparation and analysis of the operating budget, business planning, and new proposals
- Assists in cost reduction and profit maximization studies, cost-benefit analyses, projected profitability, and cash flow analysis
- Completes analysis of existing or new program expansion/contraction, identifying business implications
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of all financial, operational, and statistical data at all times
- Independently identifies, researches, and validates significant data ‘outliers’, follow up to resolve issues where necessary
- Identifies trends and suggests opportunities for improvement in financial or operational performance for senior and middle management
- Clearly and concisely summarizes financial data using appropriate reporting and format
- Performs routine financial analysis, as well as completes ad-hoc requests received from management
- Continuously work to automate processes and eliminate unnecessary reports and redundancy
- Consistently audits and cross-reference reports to ensure data consistency, accuracy, and integrity
- Maintain current documentation of all routine processes in central location
- Meets distribution schedule at all times
- Supports Manager, Senior Analysts and Director in managing departmental workload. Cross-train other Financial Analysts in job functions
- Coordinates and facilitates educational sessions on finance related topics for internal management and/or physician audiences
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate program in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, auditing/reconciliation methodologies, data collection and analysis, financial modeling
- Basic understanding of Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow components of financial statements
- Excellent computer skills with a variety of software products such, as Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a hybrid office environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 3+ years of financial experience or an MBA
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present creative approaches and solutions to financial business issues
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position.
The Organization reserves the right to modify position responsibilities at any time, due to business necessity.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Analyst – Worcester, Worcester, MA, Massachusetts