Spectrum provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including video entertainment programming, internet access, and home phone service.
About Spectrum Networks Internship: Spectrum Networks is seeking talented, creative, technical, highly self-motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our team of interns! From first interview through program completion, we offer students a competitive and exciting learning experience which will position you for future news/sports journalism and production opportunities. We take great pride in nurturing up-and-coming stars of tomorrow by providing a robust news experience with Spectrum News and/or Spectrum Sports. Selected candidates will gain a unique opportunity to work with award-winning employees who support the organization’s growth, subscriber retention and profitability.
Program Dates: June 1st 2022 – August 5th 2022
This will be an in-person program.
About Spectrum Networks: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
Experience You Will Gain: Spectrum Networks Internships provides you with meaningful, real-world experience that will aid in developing confidence and marketable skills for the future. Our Internship will provide you with experiential learning in a professional setting that integrates what you have learned in the classroom. The experience of being a Spectrum Networks Intern will provide you with invaluable experiences in news and sports, and will also allow you to develop your professional skills. You will expand your network and build upon your current resume, all while having fun!
Spectrum Networks offers internship opportunities in the following area:
- Finance: Candidate will provide high quality reporting and analytical support to maximize financial results throughout the organization. Perform and present project related analysis as well as provide management reporting and other ad hoc analyses. Assist in the preparation and analysis of financial and operational reporting for the Business Planning team as well as ensure the integrity, accuracy and validity of the information being reported. Assist with in the creation of budget templates and summary exhibits. Examine and organize report data to help the Business Planning Team gain insight.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete core assignment (noted above) provided by the respective department and/or functional area
- Complete portfolio project, individually or group based determined by manager
- Attend internship development activities as scheduled
- Participate in rotating opportunities where applicable
- Be enthusiastic, communicative and open to learning new things every day!
Skills/Abilities & Knowledge
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; ability to relate well with diverse populations
- Ability to interface with internal company personnel and build relationships
- Requires ability to adapt proactively and positively solve problems
Eligibility Requirements: Only the best and brightest need apply. To be considered for a Spectrum Networks internship you must:
- Be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm degree program
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Students must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S
- Must be willing to participate for a term of 9 weeks (15-20 hours weekly)
- Must agree not to miss more than three (3) days of the internship program
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays to cover breaking news events and gain experience working for a 24 hour news channel
- Grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Majors in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, etc.
- Previous internship experience
- Demonstrated participation in extracurricular activities a plus
GGN100 312855 312855BR