More than just a typical gym, Equinox is a high-end luxury fitness club that has redefined what it means to live a high-performance, well-rounded lifestyle.
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
This position is part of a growing, fast paced team, reporting directly to the Tax Manager. The ideal Candidate will be a self-starter and hands on tax accountant with a strong understanding of Non-Income Taxation – Sales & Use, Commercial Rent, Personal Property, Etc.
- Prepares transaction tax (sales and/or use, business, gross receipts, and property tax) returns for monthly, quarterly and annual filings in a timely manner.
- Prepare business license returns, annual reports and other miscellaneous returns
- Update and maintain POS tax system with revenue taxability and correct sales tax rates
- Respond to notices from tax authorities on sales, use and property tax matters
- Perform tax research and analysis in all areas of sales and property tax with a focus on economic nexus requirements & taxability of product offerings.
- Provide support for all non-income state & local tax audits
- Prepare month end reconciliations relating to all tax accounts
- Assist with annual non-income tax budgets
- Maintain a database of executed resale and exemption certificates.
- Monitor and analyze proposed state and local tax legislation, regulations, and cases for tax filings
- Maintain tax compliance calendar for each respective tax
- Maintain and organize all files and tax records within the Tax Department
- Must have minimum 1 to 3 years of experience in sales and non-income tax.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a Master’s Degree and /or CPA is preferred
- The candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to manage and complete multiple tasks accurately and by deadline.
- The candidate must be a team player that is able to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and departments.
- The candidate must be Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Microsoft AX.
- The candidate must be well organized, dependable, punctual and strong work ethic.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
In accordance with Equinox’s policies and our ongoing commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, our members, and the community at large COVID-19 vaccines are required for employees in this position. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. In accordance with CDC’s definition of fully vaccinated, full-course vaccination is defined as 14 days past an individual’s last vaccination dose in their initial vaccine series (14 days past the second shot of a two-dose Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine; 14 days past the one-shot Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/.
All internal employees are encouraged to apply through Internal Job Portal on Connect.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.