The Home Depot
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement retailer.
The purpose of Sr. Financial Analyst, Supply Chain Finance position is to manage the financial strategy and P&L management of the Upstream and Downstream distribution platforms.
- Strategic Analysis/Problem Solving – Works to fully understand business; identify and implement process and organizational improvements. Plans and ensures execution of department objectives.
- Drive key functional financial metrics.
- Project Management- Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners. Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage. Facilitates cross-functional communication with other areas of the business including but not limited to Finance, Human Resource, and Information Systems
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Oversee the administration of financial policies.
- Conducts special financial studies and coordinates with other departments in the preparation of statistical studies.
- Performs internal and external economic research and analyzes issues related to specific financial metrics to ensure competitiveness
- Compiles or prepares reports, graphs and charts of data developed.
- Recommends changes in financial analysis methods or procedures.
Nature and Scope:
- Reports to Sr. Finance Manager.
- This role has no direct reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong working knowledge of SQL/Google BigQuery
- Prior experience in corporate finance and/or retail
- Ability to perform detailed analyses as well as create executive summaries of the analyses.
- Ability to present and defend own work and work of others to senior leadership.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to influence the decisions of individuals that you do not supervise.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Accounting or Finance experience.
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills