Colonial Electric is one of the largest independent, family-owned-and-operated electrical distributors in the Mid-Atlantic region.
King of Prussia, PA | Full-Time
Who is Colonial Electric?
We are Colonial Electric Supply, the #1 supplier of commercial electrical and lighting components in the tri-state area. That means we keep the lights on, the electricity flowing, and the factories bright and humming.
Do I qualify? Let’s look at education, experience, and skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Checks and approves all vouchers for payment.
- Also prepares invoice deduction notices, as necessary.
- Audits freight bills against freight manifests.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Prepares accounts payable checks.
- Prints all accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Assists with accounts receivable and special projects, as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2 or more years of accounts payable experience ; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Check Out our Benefits
- Medical Insurance – Choose a flexible health plan with a tax-free Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Free Preventative Care
- Contributions from your paycheck are non-taxable and roll-over year after year indefinitely
- Access to all facilities in the Blue Cross Blue Shield network
- Dental Benefits – Guardian Dental features a $50 deductible for in-network procedures, offers bonuses, and saves you money with rollovers. So, if you don’t spend all your funds in a year, Guardian rolls over your balance to the next year.
- Guardian works with nonprofits to help parents pay for college. Employees can earn tuition reduction. Ask for more information from your talent acquisition manager.
- Vision Benefits – Get yearly eye examinations and financial support to buy new lenses, frames, and contacts. You’ll have access to 70,000 provider locations across the U.S., including well-known retailers like Walmart and America’s Best Glasses. Receive care from NVA credentialed and qualified medical professionals.
Or skip the glasses and enjoy special discounts on LASIK procedures.
- 401(k) for Comfortable Retirement
- For every $1.00 you save, Colonial Electric contributes $0.25.
- Save above 6% of your salary, and we’ll increase our contribution by 25%. That’s some of the best 401(k) support in the industry.
- Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance At Zero Cost – Colonial Electric offers all full-time employees life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance (AD&D) at zero cost. We pay 100% of your Reliance Standard policy and, in the event of injury or death, your beneficiaries receive insurance payouts immediately.
Colonial offers many additional benefits for employees and their families! Feel free to inquire about our complete benefits guide during the interview process.