The Home Depot
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement retailer.
The Home Depot is seeking a Financial Analyst – Pricing to join their GBPD – Crown Bolt finance team. Crown Bolt is an important business partner and subsidiary to The Home Depot and Global Brands & Product Development. The ideal candidate will analyze, influence, and drive improved financial performance specifically related to product pricing and margins. This highly visible role will provide product driven analytics and benchmarking, as well as serve as a key cross-functional financial partner that propels data-informed decisions with Crown Bolt leadership. Strong excel, presentation and problem-solving skills are necessary, while knowledge of Tableau and SQL are preferred.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Performs economic and financial research and analyzes internal and external issues related to sales, gross margin, rate of return, working capital, investment, financial performance, and other financial metrics.
- Compiles or prepares reports, graphs and charts of developed data.
- Conducts special financial and statistical studies as directed in coordination with other departments in the preparation of statistical studies.
- Gathers and correlates basic information using established and defined financial procedures
Nature and Scope:
This position typically reports to a Senior Financial Analyst.
This position typically has no direct reports.
Typically requires some persuasion or influencing of others.
Typically procedures for analyzing situations and making conclusions are very diverse.Typically considers among many different options or procedures when solving problems.Typically progress or results of work is periodically checked. Has some leeway to change work procedures.
Environmental Job Requirements:
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must meet reasonable deadlines, quotas or demands for accuracy and/or may be involved in some mildly difficult situations
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Financial analysis and financial management systems experience.
- Experience with data analysis in large distribution businesses.
- A Bachelor’s degree or certification in accounting, finance, or Data Analytics is preferred.
- Experience with SQL, Tableau or other programming and visualization tools is preferred
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience with P&Ls, capital expenditures and reporting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to identify key barriers/core problems and apply problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
- Ability to making decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.