At Northwell Health, our 74,000-plus healthcare heroes are raising the standard of care for all in the New York Metro area.
Provides strategic and financial operations oversight to Plainview, Syosset, and Glen Cove Hospitals. Evaluates and implements policies and programs regarding Financial Reporting, Financial Planning, and Revenue Cycle for the hospitals/facilities. Monitors operations of assigned departments. Assists in the administration and coordination of special projects for hospitals/facilities.
- Oversees activities regarding the strategic and financial operations of hospitals/facilities.
- In conjunction with the Regional CFO and Executive Directors, evaluates and develops departmental budgets and facility/hospital projections.
- In conjunction with the Regional CFO and Executive Directors, develops systems for the controlled allocation of funds.
- Reviews new and modified accounting systems to provide complete and accurate records of assets, liabilities and all other financial transactions.
- Evaluates accounting procedures of assigned departments.
- Plans methods for ensuring timely receipt of payment on patient accounts, reduces cost of accounting operations and evaluates flow of work.
- Reviews financial statements which reflect variances in income, expenditures and capital asset values.
- Makes recommendations to the Executive Director, regarding strategies to reduce operating costs and increase revenues.
- Assists in overseeing and monitoring of assigned hospitals/facilities departments for operating and fiscal improvements.
- Develops and maintains operational and financial monitoring systems incorporating departmental standards and action plans; provides appropriate feedback.
- Evaluates staffing and open positions in the assigned areas to ensure that appropriate standards are being maintained.
- Evaluates programs to comply with hospitals/facilities need; suggests methods of implementation and ways to maximize cost effectiveness.
- Evaluates and assists in the implementation of new programs in line with the hospitals/facilities, government and/ or state guidelines
- Assists in the administration and coordination of special projects for the hospitals/facilities.
- Assists in the budgeting process, developing revenues, expenses and action plan recommendations.
- Reviews and analyzes objectives for hospitals/facilities as they relate to administrative requirements.
- Serves as an advisor on various hospital/facility committees on an as needed basis.
- Manages and ensures the efficient operations of assigned Administrative Services.
- Monitors the operations of assigned areas of Administrative Services.
- Ensures all areas are appropriately staffed.
- Ensures availability of needed equipment and supplies in all areas.
- Assesses and evaluates the effectiveness of current operations and makes recommendations to improve or further develop established policies, procedures and/or programs.
- Provides support to management in resolving problems/issues, obtaining resources necessary for further development, and managing personnel.
- Reviews and/or prepares reports to the Regional CFO and Executive Directors.
- Prepares monthly status reports and statistical analysis as directed.
- Evaluates trends as they reflect internal control strengths and weaknesses.
- Analyzes accounts to provide for proper reporting.
- Reviews all financial activities and reports same, in a timely fashion to the Regional CFO & Executive Directors
- Performs related duties, as required.
ADA Essential Functions
- Master’s Degree in Business, Health Care Administration, Accounting or in a related field, preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressive senior management experience in administration, financial and or consulting experience, required.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, required. Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills, required.