Paychex provides online HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance solutions to companies of all sizes.
Lead the technology transformation of the Corporate Tax Department. Partner with the Federal Tax Manager and the State and Local Tax Manager to evaluate the operational effectiveness of processes and to identify opportunities to gain efficiencies. Oversee the integration of acquired entities into existing tax workstreams. Manage the indirect tax compliance processes, audits, planning, research, and staff.
- Lead tax technology evaluation and implementation across the income tax and indirect tax functions.
- Review and document processes across tax functions to evaluate operational effectiveness, recommend potential improvements, and oversee implementation.
- Lead post-acquisition integration of tax function into existing tax processes, tax software, tax automation tools, and workpapers to capture efficiencies of existing function.
- Manage legal entity rationalization to improve operational effectiveness of Company.
- Manage the department staff responsible for the compliance processes for state and local sales tax, use tax, property tax and other taxes to ensure all required tax filings are completed promptly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Manage the indirect tax audits conducted by state tax authorities, including managing internal department staff that supports the audits. Research state procedures regarding audits and appeals to verify the steps taken by tax authorities are justified and protect the Company’s rights.
- Monitor indirect state legislative, judicial, and regulatory developments to evaluate the financial and operational impact on the Company and communicate this to Senior Management.
- Evaluate, analyze, and research various state indirect tax issues and opportunities to optimize State indirect tax profile.
- Recruit, select, hire, and evaluate performance of personnel to ensure all department needs are handled appropriately. Counsel and develop staff for personal and corporate advancement through career development, training programs, and other resources as required for professional advancement.
- Assist Federal Tax Manager with tax accounting for separate company financial statements and foreign tax provision computations.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position’s function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business – Required
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Tax – Preferred
- 4 years of experience in Supervisory/Management experience.
- 9 years of experience in Experience in tax compliance and accounting for income taxes.
- Certified Public Accountant – Preferred