American Express is a global services company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible – and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Regulatory Reporting team delivers Bank Holding Company regulatory reports in accordance with Federal Reserve requirements for American Express Company and its underlying subsidiaries. We perform independent processes to prepare, review and analyze financial information with a key focus on control and compliance and addressing new Federal Reserve requirements, including new reports. We work extensively with our own market financial controllers, subject matter experts, consolidations, General Counsel’s Office, and external regulators. The team is committed to talent development, work / life balance, and timely recognition of team members.
This individual will be responsible for the preparation and review of sections of regulatory reporting filings such as but not limited to FR Y-9C, FR Y-14Q, and FR Y-14M. This individual will coordinate with several groups within American Express and external regulators over the course of these filings.
- Prepare detailed reports and ensure compliance with the Federal Reserve and other regulatory reporting requirements, the Company’s internal review procedures and all other applicable policies and procedures.
- Support the Manager and Director in implementation of significant analytical and reporting processes, procedures and systems using the Company’s control framework.
- Work closely and coordinate with various Subject Matter Experts and Global Reporting leaders.
- Support the Manager and Director in responding to inquiries of (i) Federal Reserve; (ii) GCO; and (iii) other regulatory related inquiries.
- Close interaction with the Federal Reserve.
- Support special projects including partnering with American Express Technologies on key automation initiatives and enhancing policies and procedures around the regulatory reporting process.
- Display thought leadership, drive process improvements and support work/life balance initiatives.
- At least 4+ years’ experience in Accounting/Reporting/Auditing/Controllership.
- Strong understanding/experience in US GAAP accounting and reporting.
- Exhibits organizational skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Abilities to improve processes, increase the level of automation and strength controls
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (as is typical of a COE)
- Personally ensures the delivery of high quality service and consistently exceeds customers’ expectations.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Proficient usage of Microsoft applications, especially Excel
Preferred Additional Skills / Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant a plus.
- Prior External/SEC/Federal Reserve/Regulatory reporting and banking/financial services experience a plus.
- Experience in public accounting a plus.
- Prior experience with SQL querying language is preferred.
Currently, the Company requires that colleagues be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work in or visit any of our US and Canada offices, subject to legally required accommodations. If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to visit our offices.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.