Checkr aims to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. The company provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a leader to join our FP&S team as Director, Product Finance & Strategy. We are looking for a Director to lead and build our Product Financial Planning & Strategy (FP&S) team. This individual will partner with the most senior executives across the Product and Engineering organization, including Product, Engineering, Design, and Data, and play a key role in planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. The ideal candidate has experienced success in a dynamic, high-growth, and fast-paced environment, brings a quantitative, data driven mindset, and should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of senior management (including VP, SVP and C-suite).
- Partner with R&D Leadership by delivering financial results and KPIs, identifying issues and emerging trends, and providing a breadth of insight and financial decision support
- Lead and conduct analyses to enable data-driven decisions that optimize business performance and solve complex business challenges
- Partner with R&D to develop by product financial performance visibility, leveraging inputs from across the organization
- Lead the planning processes for the R&D organization by implementing scalable and consistent processes to enable operational excellence in business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Deliver quarterly analyses and reporting of the business’ financial results and KPIs, including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
- Build and lead a high-performing R&D FP&S team
What you bring:
- Significant experience in finance, particularly in Product financial planning
- Deep experience working in high-growth environments, preferably in SaaS or transaction models
- Proven track record of developing people, leading and managing high-performing teams
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the proven ability to synthesize complex financial information in ways others can easily understand
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
- An expert in financial modeling and quantitative analysis, who enjoys solving complex and unstructured problems
- Demonstrates the Checkr core values of Grit, Humility, Transparency, Connection and Ownership
- Prior experience in a combination of investment banking, management consulting, and private equity strongly preferred
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $185,683 – $218,450
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.