We are Appfire, the largest global provider of award-winning Atlassian apps! Our portfolio of trusted product brands includes more than 100 purpose-built apps loved by thousands of teams and millions of users worldwide.
Amplified by our partnership and strategic investment from private equity powerhouse Silversmith Capital Partners, a recent surge of marquee brand acquisitions, and an additional $100M investment from TA Associates, Appfire is uniquely poised to accelerate our leadership position within the billion-dollar Atlassian app market.
Come be a part of our Appfire family for this amazing journey! Learn more at appfire.com.
Job Purpose and Overview
Appfire is looking for an AVP Global Tax Director to report to the CFO, working to build and execute Appfire’s world class financial reporting process, streamline Appfire’s global tax footprint, prepare Appfire to be public ready, and support Appfire’s explosive growth strategy.
· Develop and manage to an ideal state global legal entity framework, considering local/federal tax rates, location of IP, inter-company relationships and the associated transfer pricing, country rules/regulations and likely political changes in order to drive business growth efficiently over the next 5 years.
· Oversee cash pooling and repatriation initiatives
· Oversee use of NOLs or other similar attributes
· Help prepare the company for public company accounting and reporting standards (PCAOB audits, SEC reporting and SOX compliance).
· Lead the finance team in the development, implementation, and oversight of company-wide accounting policies and controls related to tax
· Drive internal process improvements; help to measure and assess performance of the global accounting and finance organization and work to identify and implement opportunities to eliminate, standardize, simplify and automate tax related tasks.
· Oversee and execute global tax filings, leveraging the internal finance team or managing external accounting firms
· Review of annual and periodic financial statements and related footnote disclosures ensuring presentation and disclosures are in accordance with US GAAP.
· Provide subject matter expertise on global tax matters related to the implementation of accounting policies or new sales expansion
· Lead deal structuring with CFO
· Liaise with and oversee external tax due diligence
· Review funds flow to ensure maximum tax deductibility
· Assist with post-acquisition integration processes, particularly clean up of issues found in due diligence and onboarding new acquisitions into Appfire’s global framework
- 10+ years of responsibility and execution within a global finance or tax function, ideally with related SaaS/Software/Tech experience, including demonstrated success as a tax professional in a global organization.
- Experience with complex tax structuring including IP transfers, asset purchases, cash pooling
- Experience with organic and inorganic growth
- Experience (both technical and operational) with global tax regimes including a deep understand of cash pooling to a US consolidating group
- Ideally, but not required, experience with SEC regulations and reporting requirements, experience with IPO readiness and SOX compliance
- Ideally, but not required, public accounting experience, preferably with a Big 4 or large National Firm
- Detail-oriented, analytical and metrics-driven leveraging data to support business decisions
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on, roll-up your sleeves
- Impeccable integrity and empathy; words and actions must continually reinforce this characteristic.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to persevere and demonstrate resilience to obstacles and persist tirelessly towards set goals
The Finance Team
The Finance team is expanding under the guidance of the new CFO to both support Appfire’s explosive growth and prepare the company to be public ready. The team will expand to over 30 globally in the next 9 months and work as a world class example of a global finance unit. Each member of the team will receive mentoring from the CFO and Appfire strives to ensure each of our employees constantly learns, grows and levels up in their career while passionately applying themselves towards exciting company goals.
We are a passionate, dedicated team who care about delivering supreme quality work, elevating the company through our output, improving ourselves and having fun working together! We are a collaborative team, who help and trust each other. We always strive to optimize where possible, challenge the status quo and look for new ideas to improve our ways of working, for examples reducing manual work wherever we can. We learn and grow together, and you can expect regular 1:1s and coaching from the CFO, flexibility and earned autonomy in your role, and frequent catchups with your team.
We’ve Got You Covered:
As part of the Appfire team, in addition to a competitive full time salary, you’ll also have the flexibility to work from your home office and enjoy benefits such as full company-paid health insurance, dental, flex spending accounts, a 401k program, company paid mobile phone and internet, and more!
Why a Career at Appfire?
Appfire is a global company of awesome humans working to help teams all over the world. We believe that bold ideas light the way for builders – just like us! Our culture embraces YOUR unique skills, while providing a collaborative, diverse environment that thrives on change and growth for the entire Appfire family! At Appfire, innovators are wanted!
Appfire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.