As a Revenue Accountant II within Cerner’s Tech Resale group, you will act as a key finance contact for all contracts within your assigned client base and ensure contract revenue complies with GAAP, and how the terms, conditions and schedules within the contract affect the financials. You will determine appropriate revenue treatment for client contracts ensuring accuracy and timeliness of revenue recognition and approve transactions up to the defined threshold amount. You will also manage client contract revenue and billing backlog to ensure accurate projections and cash forecasts. In addition, you will direct the client billing process to ensure proper timing and accuracy of invoices, quick turnaround for credits and cash collections and handle dispute resolution for your client portfolio. As a Revenue Accountant II in our Tech Resale group, you will reconcile standard and complex client balances, including revenue and billing backlog, movement between weekly projections, contracts receivable and third party costs. Likewise, you will manage standard and complex client contract milestones, consult with field associates to determine appropriate timelines for milestones, and obtain completion documentation once achieved. You will assist with corporate and statutory audit deliverables as it relates to contract revenue and lead reporting processes such as client reconciliation reports, contracts receivable reports, etc. and projects across financial operations.
- At least 6 years of total combined related work experience and completed higher education, including:
- At least 1 year of Finance and/or Accounting work experience
- At least 5 years of additional work experience directly related to the duties of the job and/or completed higher education in one of the following:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – AICPA
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
As a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with additional client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.