From digitalization to automation, we’re changing the cities you live in and the places you work.
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
This role supports the accounting, controlling, and reporting (ACR) of Post-employment benefits plans in the US, Canada and Mexico, with focus on the US and Mexico, and will be a part of the Pension Accounting team for the North America region.
- Performs intermediate level general accounting, reporting and account reconciliation, including preparation of journal entries in accordance with company financial reporting guidelines and legislation
- Ensures accuracy of all closing/accounting processes and assists in analyzing and documenting financial results to determine accuracy and completeness of information
- Inputs and reviews the monthly submission in the global pension reporting tool [PLATO], runs reports and can identify and resolve variances
- Supports the preparation of statutory financial statements and related footnote disclosures as well as being the liaison with the auditors on any audit inquiries, including providing audit support
- Completes and assists in various standard regulatory reports and filings
- Performs internal control processes, including execution and testing of controls and documentation
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to cross-functional problems
- Independently applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices
- Provides support and guidance to businesses or affiliates on pension accounting topics and processes, as required
- Support other ad hoc and special projects as needed
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or enrolled preferred
- Professional accounting designation (CPA), or enrolled in CPA program
- Minimum 4 years working experience in a general accounting, controlling, and reporting role in a global organization
- Pension accounting experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, particularly IAS 19
- Experienced in monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting activity, forecast and budgeting, analytical review, and preparation and review of audited financial statements
- Experience in reviewing actuary valuations and knowledge of US pension landscape (regulatory and legal requirements) is a big plus
- Additional languages: Spanish would be an asset
- High proficiency in SAP and MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Think-Cell).
- Strong aptitude in utilizing Business Intelligence tools (eg. SAP Cloud Analytics, Qlik Sense) and/or other IT tools/databases to analyze/interpret large amounts of data from different sources.
- Business Process Improvement (BPI) mindset; demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to streamline and optimize existing processes in data collection, consolidation and reporting.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analytical skills, and reasoning to identify key risk factors and drivers.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, and dynamic work environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve tight deadlines.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.