From digitalization to automation, we’re changing the cities you live in and the places you work.
Manager – Direct Tax – Siemens Ltd.
We are looking for a talent with skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Tax team and ensure compliance with Direct Tax regulations.
Role Scope: –
• Ensuring compliance with applicable Indian Direct Tax Regulations.
• Expeditious resolution of Tax matters when need arises.
• Internal and external Stakeholder management.
• Keeping business leadership abreast of various tax implications on a continuing basis.
Change the future with us!
Responsibility for statutory direct tax compliance for Siemens Ltd, India and Siemens AG group entities which includes the following key areas:
• Preparation and filing of Return of Income, tax audit and transfer pricing requirements as per statutory deadlines.
• As per IFRS – Preparation of Effective tax rate and annual computations both current tax and deferred tax for all global entities on quarterly/annual basis.
• As per Local GAAP – Preparation of tax computations both Current tax and Deferred Tax as per Local GAAP applicable to each jurisdiction for the purpose of statutory financials.
• Preparation of tax disclosures on quarterly and annual basis.
• Preparation of estimated tax computations for the purpose of paying advance taxes.
• Ensure adequate defense documentation is in place to support the positions taken in the tax return.
• Transfer pricing advisory role to the different business units.
• Prepare submissions to tax authorities and attend or organization representation at assessment hearings.
• Ensure best tax accounting practices are followed and maintained.
• Work towards improving processes and ensuring a robust system with regards to direct tax and initiate process improvements and act as a change agent within the organization.
• Tax optimization of entire spectrum of domestic and international taxes.
• Optimize effective tax rate and transaction taxes and tax efficient repatriation of funds.
• Planning and compliance with Transfer pricing (both customs and income tax).
• Partnering with the business for the efficient business models and saving opportunities.
• Participate in tax strategy, restructuring of transactions like formation of entities, acquisitions, disposals, mergers, financing transactions, major spends, offshore / onshore supply and service agreements and so on.
• Tax Planning: Assist in tax planning projects and be a major contributor in regional/global projects.
• Participate in the due diligence work for M&A initiatives.
• Communicate results effectively to management and non-financial personnel.
• Guide other departments by researching and interpreting relevant Tax laws, applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
• Participate in Tax technology initiatives of the organization.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• You must be a qualified CA and you bring 5+ years of experience focused on direct taxes, transfer pricing. Good knowledge and understanding of Accounting Standards and tax provisioning. Finance and Indian GAAP, USGAAP/IFRS, Commercial concepts, Business understanding.
• System proficiency and should have operated in ERP based integrated applications; SAP knowledge preferred.
• Highly motivated, and results driven with a high energy level – has a bias for proactive action.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with different partners.
• Should have a track record of competent handling of complex tax matters.
• Should be up to date on tax laws and rules and have an expert level understanding of relevant tax laws and rules.
• Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner and shows good judgment.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens!
This role is based in Mumbai (Worli). You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time