From digitalization to automation, we’re changing the cities you live in and the places you work.
Together we make the difference
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
Be part of our Corporate Finance team as an Accountant (Tax & Treasury) in Dubai, UAE.
What are my responsibilities?
We are looking for an experienced accounting professional who assists the global Airports business of Siemens Logistics in the following –
- Perform Transactional Accounting, Treasury & Tax accounting
- Coordinate with service provider for outgoing payments, and ensure proper and timely recording of payment related entries in the ERP
- To ensure that all the bank related transaction are recorded in the ERP accurately and on timely basis (including in the ERP system of the cross border branch)
- Support the Accounting Assistant manager for the general accounting postings and closing of the cross border branch
- Ensure global Treasury Guidelines are implemented and adhered
- Review, update and ensure implementation of policy related to cash transactions. Reviewing and posting in ERP of all the cash transaction including any prepaid accounts/cards
- Provide full taxation support to the CF Manager, accounting staff, and other related employees, this includes the cross border branches in GCC
- Support in preparing, validating and submit all required VAT returns, supporting schedules, and any documentation/responses as may be required by the Federal Tax Authority, within the specified deadlines
- Review and ensure the processes and ERP system are in compliance with the current tax laws and regulations
- Corresponds with all departments to understand business processes/practices, and communicates the tax implications of all business processes/practices to senior managers
- Liquidity Management: Review and maintain the bank account to ensure funds are managed according to the guidelines
- Management of FX Exposure: Coordinate with project teams to ensure the FX risks are hedged and any amendment in already hedged risks are timely done
- Ensure timely payment of Tax Liability, and regular reconciliation of the Tax control accounts and records
- Maintain the accuracy of Tax transactions on the accounting systems by liaising with the relevant staff and ensuring adherence to the applicable Tax Law, rules, and regulations
- Detection and evaluation of risks as well as opportunities regarding respective Tax issues and ensure a tax-efficient supply chain
- Support during Financial Audit, preparing the required schedules related to the area of responsibility
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Minimum Master in Accounting/Finance/Commerce
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing the Tax & Treasury Accounting for medium/large organizations/projects in the region
- Should have strong knowledge of international taxation and permanent establishment treatment
- Experience and strong understandings of tax functions in large corporate environment
- Strong knowledge of Tax Laws of UAE and KSA
- Knowledge of ERP (SAP) and MS Office
- Proficient use of MS Office applications, especially MS Excel is mandatory
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Certification in International Tax is preferred
- Professional qualification in Finance & Accounting (CA, CA Inter, ACCA) is preferred
www.siemens.com/logistics, if you would like to learn more about Siemens Logistics before submitting your application
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: SD (Middle East) LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time