From digitalization to automation, we’re changing the cities you live in and the places you work.
Senior Group Tax Professional (m/f/d)
Do you enjoy working with complicated indirect tax challenges? Do you have a good understanding of the EU / international VAT legislation? Are you able to easily adjust to often changing business and legislational environment?
We are seeking an indirect tax professional for our “Group Business Tax Management” team. The position offer the opportunity to manage complex indirect tax issues within international environment.
The tax department is responsible for the taxation of the Siemens Group. Staff is employed in Portugal with a global responsibility and in over 80 countries with a local/ regional expertise. It is part of the Corporate Finance department, today consisting of more than 700 tax and customs subject matter experts involvement in all Siemens Group related financial processes.
The Senior Group Tax Professional reports functionally to the Head of Business Group Tax Management Indirect Taxes and locally to the Head of Tax in Portugal.
What part will you play?
- You will be responsible for the global coordination of legal matters related to Siemens Group internal as well as external business activities. VAT, other indirect taxes and other issues from a legal company perspective will be your main responsibilities;
- You will participate in and/or driving projects and therefor expected to act as the expert in matters related to VAT and other indirect taxes;
- Your natural stakeholders will be, in addition to the business organization within Siemens Group, other entities within Siemens strategic participations as well as external parties such as tax- and customs authorities;
- You will have support in your work, being part of an organization of experienced Global Financial Process managers but in your role you are expected and encouraged to take own initiatives and responsibilities;
- You will be working on projects across the world and will be working on all focus areas and priorities of our Global Indirect Tax team. Based on your experience, you might be assigned specific focus areas, such as geographical focus or content focus. However, you will continue to have a broad VAT role;
- A university degree in Law or Finance and Business Administration;
- Preferable 3-5 years of experience in the areas of European as well as international VAT;
- Experience from defining and designing internal and external business flows from a legal perspective;
- Proven experience on delivering timely results;
- Beneficial if the applicant has knowledge of finance models of larger industrial companies;
- Fluent in English;
- Dynamic person with a strong drive and personal integrity;
- Business and customer oriented;
- Open minded and prepared to interact in a changing and demanding environment;
- Like to work on many different levels in the company in an unpretentious way;
- Like to work with virtual communicator;
- Being able to manage many things at the same time without losing focus on the target;
- A genuine team player with strong leadership and well developed communication skills but also prepared to work alone;
- Available to travel occasionally.
What we offer:
Our employees describe Siemens as a great place to work. There are not that many multinationals having such a variety of business activities like Siemens. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in an innovative environment.
We offer a position that gives you a high degree of freedom in a dynamic environment where successes are celebrated and no improvements are too big or too small.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time