From digitalization to automation, we’re changing the cities you live in and the places you work.
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
The successful candidates will participate in the Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) with a focus on building the skills and experience to obtain a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation. This permanent position will rotate through all aspects of the Siemens finance landscape providing them with a unique set of skills that can only be obtained from a dynamic company. Upon successful completion of the program the employee will be placed within one of the many divisions in Siemens to continue their finance career.
The program includes a coach/mentor to guide you through the program and towards your professional accounting designation. The program offers study leave prior to major exams and assistance in finding the best suited pre-exam prep courses. The position will report into the program Training Principal for Siemens Canada.
- Must be available to start Full Time position in June 2022
- Develops or evaluates financial reporting processes to support the financial reporting infrastructure
- Performs procedures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial information
- Evaluates the impact of alternative and/or new accounting standards/policies
- Prepares and/or reviews financial statements and accompanying notes
- Reviews, proposes, or accounts for the entity’s transactions including complex transactions
- Evaluates internal controls (IT and others)
- Designs a work-plan and assurance procedures
- Prepares, evaluates, or manages information within an entity for decision making
- Prepares or reviews budget information
- Identifies, develops, or evaluates business processes to support management information needs, decisions, and control frameworks
What will you need to succeed?
- University Degree in Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration completed April 2022 or December 2021.
- Successful completion of CPA PEP Program Core and Elective modules or university equivalent, candidates ready to begin Capstone modules only
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Working towards or committed to working towards a CPA designation
- Bilingual language skills preferred, ideally French
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.