From digitalization to automation, we’re changing the cities you live in and the places you work.
Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. is seeking a well-rounded, proactive individual for a Senior Tax Manager position to lead its income tax compliance processes. The position requires a team leader that is organized, responsive, and can handle multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results.
Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. is part of the Siemens Healthineers organization.
Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in diagnostic imaging and laboratory diagnostics. It provides medical technology and software solutions as well as clinical consulting services, supported by an extensive set of training and service offerings.
The ideal candidate will be able to multitask and deal in a calm and balanced way with a variety of projects both expected and unexpected. The person in this position will be expected to: (i) lead the company’s federal, state and local income tax compliance obligations (ii) interpret tax laws and rulings to resolve questions from the business and (ii) stay current on proposed and final tax law changes. This person will work with strategic business partners and staff to promote awareness and assess potential impacts to the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage direct reports and other tax department members in the preparation of all Company’s tax returns, and other required reports.
- Proactively, create, as necessary, tax processes and controls. Define workflows and assignments to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Participate and assist with the preparation of consolidated tax provisions and financial statement disclosures, including technical review.
- Develop and guide direct reports by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring that their responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals.
Required knowledge, skills, education, and experience:
- CPA and Master’s Degree in tax or accounting preferred.
- Corporate Tax experience – Ten (10) years.
- Extensive knowledge of tax compliance processes and corporate taxation.
- Ability to manage people and processes, including the ability to interact effectively within various levels of management.
- Organized and flexible – ability to manage multiple projects/assignments, while meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite and various tax law research software
- Meaningful experience with Corptax Software
- Experience with SAP a plus
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.