From digitalization to automation, we’re changing the cities you live in and the places you work.
Senior Financial Analyst: Digital Solutions Segment
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is looking for a highly motivated finance professional for its Digital Solutions business. This is a unique opportunity to learn and excel at government contracting, software revenue recognition, project accounting and general financial controlling. As the segment analyst, you will provide financial transparency and partner with operations managers and business unit financial counterparts to drive growth and profitability.
• Responsible for all DS Segment financial reporting and analysis aspects including budgeting, forecasting, month-end close, cost analysis, quoting, productivity improvement.
• Drives budget and forecast in alignment with segment and executive management on short and long-term strategic targets
• Prepares and analyzes financial reports for sponsor BUs and management to easily identify required corrective actions
• Partners with segment operations management to continuously drive productivity improvements
• Ensures revenue recognition guidelines are documented and consistently followed
• Mentors and coaches segment CPMs and APMs
• Reviews balance sheet activity to ensure proper accounting
• Leads and participates in segment process improvement projects
• Supports internal and external audits as required
• Prepares slides and presents financial results to CFO and senior leadership
• Supports proposal team for bid reviews regarding financial topics
• Drives the ongoing digitalization of the finance organization by continuously learning and applying data analysis, workflow, and visualization techniques and tools
• Ensures compliance with Government Accounting, Siemens FRGs, IFRS and US GAAP in relation to accounting & financial reporting
• Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting, MBA preferred
• 5-8 years of experience in varying finance/accounting roles
• Highly detail oriented, structured, and organized in their work approach and deliverables
• Strong business acumen and understanding of the interactions between functions inside and outside of accounting and finance to each other and the financial statements
• Capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and motivated to drive change and foster an environment to help achieve business results
• Communicate effectively with all levels of management both orally and in written form
• Advanced level MS Excel skills with the ability to design complex models.
• Working knowledge of project accounting and GAAP principles
• Experience with supporting implementation of ERP systems
• Willingness to travel occasionally (< 5% annually)
• Candidate must be a United States citizen
Health and Safety: Employees of Siemens Government Technologies may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with the workplace safety protocols for Federal contractors and subcontractors pursuant to Executive Order 14042 or state/local laws and regulations
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.