Train RAM Engineer
Job title: Train RAM Engineer
Job description: We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job Title: Train RAM Engineer
Job Location: Santo Domingo, Republican Dominican.
Alstom works on the Delivery, Comissioning and warranty of 6 trains of line 2 extention at Dominican Republic Metro (Santo Domingo) . This consist in commissioning 6 aditional trains to extend the munber of trains of line 2 fleet to 15+6 (21).
Manage the RAM activities and related deliverables in accordance with QCD commitments on the project(s)/program(s) he/she is appointed to.
Support the Alstom Transport products performance by defining reliability requirements allowing to enhance their capability to meet the expected reliability targets.
Coordinate the different RAM contributors working on the Program/Project for the relevant scope (Train or Subsystem).
Apply the applicable Alstom Transport/Engineering RAM processes & instructions.
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Planning and piloting the RAM activities and the related deliverables on the project(s)/program(s) he/she is appointed to as per the applicable RAM instructions/processes and other specific requirements committed to the Customer.
- Planning and piloting the RAM activities in tender phase to assess the capability and risks of the foreseen Alstom Transport product to meet the customer Reliability requirements and to evaluate the budget that will be needed during the project execution
- Performing the project/program RAM activities compliant with the QCD work packages commitments.
- Ensuring the quality of the RAM deliverables foster their acceptance by the Customer (internal or external) within the limits of Alstom Transport commitments.
- To continuously assessing the capability of the Alstom Transport product to meet the Reliability performance in project/program phases and define the necessary reliability actions to minimize Alstom Transport risks and follow them until closure (Reliability Related Item List).
- Reporting on the progress of the project/program RAM activities and alert the PrEM and N+1 in case of issue potentially impacting the achievement of the QCD commitments.
- Anticipating and alert on the potential blocking issues with regard to the expectations of the next Reliability design review milestone and be pro-active in the definition/implementation of the related resolution plan..
Responsible for :
- Supporting the other stakeholders (design, industrial, sourcing, validation, maintenance) in the definition of appropriate measures to meet the reliability actions.
- Being the point of contact for RAM matters on the project/program for the corresponding scope (Train / Subsystem) in particular to the Customer (internal or external).
- Consolidating the RAM contribution from the Coparts and external suppliers.
- Performing the reliability design reviews as per the project/program schedule
- Analysing issues identified on the field (8D) having a significant impact on the product Reliability performance and ensure the outcome of their resolution is capitalised in the relevant process/product documentation.
- Managing the RAM resources to meet the QCD work package commitment
- Coordinating the RAM contributors from different entities (Copart/Supplier representatives).
- Applying the Alstom Transport/Engineering rules & processes on the program(s)/project(s) in particular those dedicated to the RAM activities.
- Having a pro-active challenging view on the overall RAM results from the contributors to enhance the adequacy/consistency of the RAM studies and requirements.
- Seeking for the technical understanding of the Alstom Transport products in order to better assess their reliability performance and potential areas of improvement
- Adopting a product oriented mindset in implementing the RAM process to foster the capitalisation of the results of the activities towards the product RAM performance.
- Supporting the maintenance of the technical repository of the Alstom Transport products from a reliability perspective.
- Participating to the improvement/definition of the RAM process.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills including with third parties (customer).
- Time management and reporting skill.
- Sense of urgency / priority.
- Customer & Product Focus.
- Structured and organised with Hands-on approach.
- Previous experience RAM prediction and measurement methods and tools with 2 to 3 years of experience. And/Or Electrical and/or Electro-mechanical Engineering preferably applied to Railway products with 2 to 3 years of experience.
- Education Electromecanial Technical degree or Engineering degree
- Language skills English operational in read/writing and technical meetings.
At Alstom Transport, we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at:
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.
Location: Santo Domingo
Job posting date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 23:56:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!