Broadridge is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions—helping broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds, and corporate issuers manage risk and accelerate growth.
Broadridge is growing! We are looking for an Operations Manager at Newark, NJ office. The role of an Operations Manager is to plan, oversee, advise and coordinate the operations of different processes within the Broadridge BPO for multiple clients and maintain client satisfaction by delivering timely, efficient services and reducing operational risk, enhancing processes though automation’s, increasing the productivity of the associates, increasing the efficiency of the systems, and dedicated to identifying strategies that increase the profitability of the department and the organization
– Lead and supervise Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC) Settlement functions and related processes such as Buy-Ins, Prime Broker and Vault for US resources with responsibilities governing off-shore resources.
– Oversee direct managers/supervisors, team leads, and associates in the DTC Settlements area. Coach and mentor staff with responsibilities include providing constructive feedback, conducting annual performance reviews, handling salary and bonus budget for the group.
– Facilitate development of Broadridge’s Settlement tools such as Global Framework (GFW), Broadridge Exception Event System (BEES) and Universal Dashboard by providing operational expertise and conducting user acceptance tests (UAT).
– Participate in onboarding new clients onto Broadridge product suite such as ‘Brokerage Processing Services’ (BPS) for equity trade settlement and ‘Impact’ for Fixed Income trade settlement.
– Represent Broadridge Operations team in various industry level initiatives such as CAGE Focus Group, SIFMA (Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association) Committee for Fails Management and NSCC (National Securities Clearing Corporation) BuyIns Committee for Buy-Ins operations.
– Address daily operational customer concerns from clients as a result of system or human error and resolve them in a timely manner.
– Mitigate Financial risk and market exposure for clients by proactively addressing unsettled trades with high Mark to Market (MTM) exposure and by supervising suspense account activities.
– Identify and implement Robotic Process Automation (RPA) on processes within the DTC Settlements area to deliver profit services to the clientele.
– Participate in recruitment process by conducting technical interviews, devise training plan for new associates, supervise and track their progress via various metrics.
– Conduct internal and external training programs on Broadridge products such as GFW, BPS, BuyIns System and Universal Dashboard that are heavily used within the Settlements department.
– Implement and maintain quality controls by ensuring Written Supervisory Procedures (WSP) is adhered by the group.
– Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for training purposes, for reference during critical issues and for seamless operations.
– Coordinate and communicate with support functions such as HR, IT and Finance for system related, project related and team related functions.
– 5+ years of experience with a bachelor’s degree/equivalent experience
– Ability to lead others and deal with conflict resolution
– Series 99 preferred
– A self-starter with keen attention to detail
– Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task
– Quick learner that can adapt to a growing business
– Ability to maintain a positive relationship with clients and internal associates alike
– Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
– Confirmed knowledge of operations products and processes
– Strong customer service orientation & strong prioritization and interpersonal skills
– Proficient in MS Office Suite