Broadridge is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions—helping broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds, and corporate issuers manage risk and accelerate growth.
Data Analyst and Visualization Lead within DCoE Product Management team.
Retail Engagement is a critical, strategic focus for Broadridge. With years of historic data related to ownership, distribution preferences and voting participation, it is imperative that we spend time understanding patterns and trends as well as metrics related to successful initiatives/products to increase eDelivery adoption and proxy voting engagement.
- Provide insights valuable to product management, client services and strategy teams based on a deep understanding of the Broadridge customer and proxy data set
- Merge Broadridge data with third party to look for further insights. Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Core responsibility for proxy analysis done on data in the centralized COE data lab.
- Uses statistical programs such as R, Matlab, or SAS
- Creates dashboards, diagrams, and reports and has knowledge of the data feeds and sources.
- Provides subject matter expertise for analytical techniques, data modeling, and applying valid analytical techniques to given business problems, ensures overall analytics objectives are met
- Maintains integrity of data through delivery of validated, accurate reports
- Presents/visualizes complex data in easy to understand and where appropriate creative ways in the BBD product management teams
- Maintains a library of dynamic dashboards and interactive live data visualizations using a variety of visualization tools and techniques
- Educates analysts and client service representatives on how to interpret data and derive insight based on results delivered via data visualization
- Deep focus on understanding customer requirements, customer experience, usability
- Input into Prioritization of product/functionality initiatives
- Designs prototypes/wireframes of new versions of products
- Gathers, organizes, documents and validates business requirements, develops project documentation, requirements definition and project plans
- Oversights, tests, and supports of data visualization projects and product testing
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Undergraduate or master’s degree in finance, mathematics , statistics, or computer science
Knowledge of proxy voting process and metrics involved in investor ownership and voting
Strong proficiency in Tableau design software
Deep understanding of the Broadridge customer and proxy data set
Strong ability to be able to understand and visualize through Tableau complex data sets
Experience with designing interactive graphics, infographics and data visualizations
Operate well in rapid-prototyping environment while also able to develop and institute scalable processes supporting product at production scale
Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
At least 6 months of work experience with investment data in a dynamic team environment
Proficient in statistical modeling programs such as R, Matlab, or SAS
Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
Extensive experience with BI tools such as Tableau, GoodData
Strong data analysis skills, comfort with large, complex data sets
* Strong communication skills
Potential Career Map
Mgr-Data Analyst – Within Department
Sr. Mgr-Data Analyst – Within Department
* Sr. Mgr-Data Analyst , Data Center of Excellence
Locations: Brentwood, New York