Broadridge is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions—helping broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds, and corporate issuers manage risk and accelerate growth.
Broadridge is growing! We are currently hiring a Director, Software Engineering. In this role, you’ll work with and lead multiple agile teams. You’ll help modernize legacy codebases, and implement new features that embrace modern scalable, secure, resilient standard methodologies.
– Develop, test, debug and implement code for existing or new business applications.
– Handle, and grow multiple teams of product focused software & data engineers.
– Review business and functional requirements provided by the Product Management team.
– Create technical design documentation and contribute to technical design discussions that will result in new business or technical improvements.
– Contribute to technical roadmap and continually review existing architecture for improvements.
– Provide mentorship to other developers in terms of technology decisions and code reviews.
– Work in an Agile software development process, contributing to story and task creation.
– Ensure every coding path is unit tested and bug free.
– Ensure all code conforms to software security practices and is free of security vulnerabilities.
– Work with QA to build test cases and explain impacted test areas
– Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during client implementations when needed
– Collaborates and partner with business to plan and execute development projects, ensures that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver projects on a daring, but achievable timeline.
– Provides leadership and guidance to mentor, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance.
– BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related degree, or comparable experience
– 10+ years of overall software development experience, leading software, or data engineering teams
– experience with Data Lake Infrastructure, Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics tools
– Knowledge of IT strategic planning and capability development with experience implementing technology strategy and roadmaps
– Shown experience designing, and supporting enterprise scale systems that have high performance and scalability requirements
– Passion for always learning and applying new technologies to solve clients’ objectives
– Prior experience leading a software organization through transformation
– Demonstrated management experience in leading engineering teams; ability to coach and mentor resources and optimally handle and shape team and individual behaviors
– Ability to attract, develop and retain talent
– Ability to coach, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance
– Expert presentation skills used to influence other leaders across the enterprise
– Total dedication to quality and attention to detail