Bamboo Health is a hyper-growth, cloud-based, mission-driven healthcare technology and care-collaboration organization transforming patient care.
We are inspired by solving big problems. We are all about progress; we set out to do something and we do it. – Rob Cohen President, Bamboo Health
Bamboo Health is a leader in cloud-based care coordination software and analytics solutions focused on patients with complex needs, including those suffering from physical health and mental health issues and substance use disorders. We deliver on a mission of enabling better care for patients across the continuum, and our software solutions help healthcare professionals collaborate on shared patients across the spectrum of care.
Our Data Integration Engineering team is responsible for wrangling billions of data points into something meaningful and potentially lifesaving. We sit at the intersection of external healthcare entities and downstream data processing applications, responsible for the 1st hop in our data pipeline. We partner with hospitals and admitting facilities across the continuum collecting ADT data in real time. We apply business logic to normalize, transform and filter data so we can materialize the results for consumption by other Bamboo Health products and applications.
We are actively hiring a full-time Data Integration Engineer to focus on supporting and extending our data platform. Bamboo Health receives HL7 data from hospitals, EHRs and HIEs around the country and this role will be responsible for integrating new HL7 EHR senders to the data pipeline using in-house tools, scripts and custom applications. The ideal candidate will work well in a team, have a data-first mentality, and thrive in customer-facing projects.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with Operations to ensure on-boarding HL7 integrations meet target deadlines through task resolution in a timely and organized manner
- Design and execute HL7 test plans for on-boarding new integrations
- Work with new EHRs, building relationships and designing standard integration
- Work with ADT senders to resolve customer issues and maintain high quality interfaces
- On-board and track standard HL7 integrations
- Manage customer inquiries related to integrations
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months…
- Develop solid understanding of Bamboo Health onboarding process for HL7 Services
- Contribute to HL7 data validation, mapping, and testing processes
In 6 months…
- Work directly with customers and partners through their standard onboarding process, ensuring customer success and referable relationships post-implementation
- Contribute to the development and reporting of HL7 Services quality metrics
- Work with our product, user success, and customer success teams to fully understand how HL7 Services operates within that landscape
In 12 months…
- Operate in a streamlined operational construct you’ve designed for HL7 Integration Services projects and quality initiatives
- Build a strategy and roadmap for our HL7 Services story, ensuring the most sensible tools are utilized and up to date, and keeping to the highest standards of service delivery
- Manage complex customer integrations with a heavy focus on service and quality outcomes
What You Need:
- 2+ years professional experience in or around software development
- Proficient in SQL
- Willingness to learn healthcare data exchange formats
- Ability to self-start project tasks and communicate progress clearly
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple concurrent projects and prioritize appropriately
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- Experience organizing and delivering on several lines of work with clear communication on progress
- Desire to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
We are an equal opportunity employer.