Bamboo Health is a hyper-growth, cloud-based, mission-driven healthcare technology and care-collaboration organization transforming patient care.
We are inspired by solving big problems. We are all about progress; we set out to do something and we do it.
– Rob Cohen President, Bamboo Health
Bamboo Health is a leader in cloud-based care coordination software and analytics solutions focused on patients with complex needs, including those suffering from physical health and mental health issues and substance use disorders. We deliver on a mission of enabling better care for patients across the continuum, and our software solutions help healthcare professionals collaborate on shared patients across the spectrum of care.
The Bamboo Health Platform Senior Cloud Engineer works with solution architects and stakeholders engineers to design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software programs for enhancements and new products. We develop software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including cloud-based components, networking components, database systems, and containerized solutions. We analyze existing systems, identify areas of improvement, and refactor functionality to improve performance, reduce operational costs, and increase operational efficiencies.
The team is distributed with an office location in Louisville, KY. We are remote-work friendly and work Eastern Time Zone and normal work hours are 9 AM – 5 PM ET.
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage strong AWS expertise to Modify/Improve/Develop/Test the platform/infrastructure using appropriate tools, coding standards, best practices, automation, and new technology to meet customer requirements.
- Work in an Agile environment (1-week sprint cycles) to complete assigned sprint tasks.
- Be on call for engineering support per on call schedule (typically 1 week on call per team member) including weekly morning 4 – 6 AM maintenance and code deployment period.
- Restore services quickly in case of production outages in conjunction with application, support, and platform services team.
- Develop clear and concise documentation regarding technical solutions and share knowledge with teammates.
- Be cost conscious and track AWS billing changes/identify opportunities to lower costs.
What Success Looks Like…
In 3 months…
- Become familiar with the basic architecture and processes of Bamboo Health’s services and data pipelines.
- Understand strategic roadmap projects and how you will be contributing.
- Contribute small creative fixes and improvements to production.
- Participate in troubleshooting and resolution of production issues/outages.
- Prepare for and join on call rotation to assist with weekly releases and issue resolution.
In 6 months…
- Be independent in resolving sprint tickets and troubleshooting operational issues.
- Partner with architects and product engineers to deploy new services, help adopt new infrastructure or platform dependencies, add new service functionality, etc.
- Be included in the on-call rotation schedule to lead weekly code releases and production issue/outage resolution.
In 12 months…
- Independently design and develop solutions for infrastructure functionality enhancements in support of OKRs (Operational Key Results).
- Obtain new self-learning certifications and contribute best practices to the team.
- Leverage expertise to increase sprint velocity and deliverable throughput.
- Mentor junior team members to guide and support their execution of new enhancements.
What You Need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with software code design, development, testing and maintenance.
- 3-5 years of experience with AWS and other public cloud services.
- Demonstrable experience in web-based applications and serverless components.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Swarm or Kubernetes.
- To be adaptable, adjust to changing priorities in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- A desire to continuously build expertise in new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing web-based applications using Ruby, Java, C#, Rust, or Go
- Experience developing applications for serverless platforms
- Experience using or managing relational database systems
- Exposure to large scale infrastructure
What You Get:
- Join one of the fastest growing health IT companies in the country
- Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team
- Learn from working at the highest levels and on the most strategic priorities of the company, including from world class investors and advisors
- Receive competitive compensation, including equity, with health, dental, vision and other benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer