Bamboo Health is a hyper-growth, cloud-based, mission-driven healthcare technology and care-collaboration organization transforming patient care.
We are inspired by solving big problems. We are all about progress; we set out to do something and we do it. – Rob Cohen CEO, Bamboo Health
Bamboo Health is a leader in cloud-based care coordination software and analytics solutions focused on patients with complex needs, including those suffering from physical health and mental health issues and substance use disorders. We deliver on a mission of enabling better care for patients across the continuum, and our software solutions help healthcare professionals collaborate on shared patients across the spectrum of care.
We’re seeking a driven and innovative Staff Software Engineer to join our engineering team and help us create and evolve solutions that grow Bamboo Health. In the role of Staff Software Engineer, you define and deliver solutions to complex customer needs while providing technical thought leadership that advances the maturity of our underlying product architecture while also increasing the speed of future capability delivery. Your role will be multifaceted and extremely dynamic. You will need to balance the needs of engineering along with those of the product, sales, and support teams as Bamboo Health executes on concurrent projects across multiple product lines. You should love to pursue tough problems and are constantly searching for elegant solutions while striving for excellence.
What You’ll Do:
Architect and implement features for new and existing products, often in partnership with external resources. Actively build consensus inside your team. Be an influential voice in setting clear deadlines, expectations, and measures of success. Proactively identify and engage with stakeholders to build clarity. Influence other departments outside of engineering when appropriate.
Be a resource to others around you. Help them meet their goals, improve the quality of their work through collaboration and mentorship. Drive ownership in other individuals and build team-wide ownership of features and services. Help create tools and processes to monitor and ensure quality and be able to debug performance issues across services where tooling may be limited.
Always leave services better than you found them. Design solutions with an eye toward performance, operability, and maintenance at scale. Advocate for new patterns and technologies, finding effective ways to introduce them and enhance existing services. Help improve the security of services by understanding the system as a whole and identifying leverage points.
What Success Looks Like…
In 3 months…
- Become familiar with the details of our business domain, development process, and codebase
- Ask questions and build healthcare industry knowledge
- Participate in the design process and conduct code reviews for peers
In 6 months…
- Consistently deliver new features from concept to launch
- Become a strong partner to Product and other stakeholders
- Be available as a humble subject matter expert in an area of our tech stack
- Attend cross-team engineering meetings to influence department-wide standards and direction
Stuff We Use:
- PHP 8
- Laravel and CodeIgniter Frameworks
- A variety of AWS services such as Event Bridge, DynamoDB, Aurora MySQL, and more
- Docker, Kubernetes, and CloudFormation for deployment.
- Python for serverless applications
- React for modern front-end user experiences
What You Need:
- 7-10+ years of web application development experience
- Experience architecting and engineering resilient, scalable solutions
- Familiarity with Microservice and event-driven architectures
- Advanced knowledge of API-based integration
- Relational database design
- AWS or other public cloud environment
What You Get:
- Join one of the fastest growing health IT companies in the country
- Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team
- Learn from working at the highest levels and on the most strategic priorities of the company, including from world class investors and advisors
- Receive competitive compensation, including equity, with health, dental, vision and other benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Req: R-01014