Gloat helps people navigate more meaningful careers and transforms the way the world’s leading companies work.
About The Position
Who are we:
Gloat helps organizations harness the hidden potential of their employees. And by matching people to internal projects, learning, and career opportunities, we enable employees to take charge of their careers.
As leaders rethink the modern workforce, we empower them to put employees and employers in the position to achieve anything. The world’s first internal talent marketplace is how we deliver on this promise. Our state-of-the-art AI platform provides mission-critical visibility, insight, and organizational agility.
By reinventing how work gets done, Gloat is disrupting the HR-Tech industry and enabling the most innovative enterprises to build future-ready workforces.
What our life looks like:
We are a fast-growing, dynamic startup with offices in Tel Aviv, New York, London, Singapore, and Melbourne, as well as a fleet of remote workers all around the globe. We value collaboration and innovative thinking, and we’re always looking for bright, driven, and all-around awesome people to join the fun and grow with us (since we use our own product, every Gloater is highly incentivized to learn and evolve)
Who we’re looking for:
- G – get it done
- L – look beyond the status quo
- O – own it
- A – adapt and evolve
- T – tear down silos
- E – empower our customers
- R – rely on each other
Gloat is seeking an organized, reliable, proactive, engaging, and detail-oriented Office & Employee Experience Manager to join our team. We consistently strive to make Gloat an exceptional, positive, inclusive, and welcoming place to work. As our Office & Employee Experience Manager, you will ensure the smooth operation of our NYC office on a day-to-day basis and focus on the development, implementation, and execution of dynamic engagement activities (both in-person and virtual) across our employee base in a continued effort to ensure our teammates are set up for success, feel valued and appreciated, and are having fun! This position will play a key role in contributing to the well-being and overall experience of our employees throughout North America, including our remote and hybrid teammates.
With the mentorship and guidance from an experienced team, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic high-growth startup and make a real difference quickly. Your role will be responsible for promoting our unique culture and values across the company.
This is a full-time position, reporting to the Head of Operations.
Please note: Gloat is operating under a distributed hybrid model. However, the person in this role will be expected to enjoy working in the NYC office at least 4 days per week. Qualified candidates must be based in the greater NYC area. Anyone working in our office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our team is dedicated to attracting and retaining talented individuals from all backgrounds and experiences. If this resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Manage the day-to-day running of our NYC office operations, ensuring services are provided in an efficient manner, including but not limited to reception, deliveries, stocked kitchen, conference room management, office supplies, repairs and maintenance, and more.
- Manage relationships with facilities vendors including cleaning services, maintenance contractors, food/beverage, etc; and office logistics, such as purchasing office equipment, software, and online services.
- Ensure our workspaces, meeting rooms and kitchen are clean, organized and tidy at all times.
- Ensure we remain compliant with workplace safety expectations.
- Maintain office covid policies, updating posted notices and signage.
- Arrange in-office meals on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests from employees and office visitors.
- Provide support with office moves as needed.
- Assisting the finance department with administrative tasks as needed; and managing invoicing, bills, expense reports, and purchase orders.
- Full cycle processing of vendor invoices, employee expense reports, fixed assets & credit card transactions including validation, coding, entry, tracking & payments.
- Booking and approving transport, flights, and accommodation.
- Work closely with the company’s highest managers and stakeholders.
- Create and implement employee engagement initiatives and programs that are aligned with company goals and objectives and within budget.
- Plan and execute large-scale company events, both in-person and virtual, such as parties, happy hours, lunch and learns, off-sites, and more!
- Identify and implement new opportunities to enhance a sense of belonging and social connection in a hybrid, distributed environment.
- Serve as a resource to employees to ensure they feel fully engaged and are experiencing Gloat as a great place to work.
- Maintain a well-organized and communicated agenda of events, actions, and experiences for employees.
- Take an active part in the planning and execution of the employee and company wellbeing activities and initiatives, together with the HR team.
- Oversee the distribution of employee swag and manage the swag inventory.
- Participate in the employee onboarding process including welcoming new employees, sharing pertinent job resources and details, distributing swag, provisioning tech and home office setups, and maintaining an employee info database. Continue to audit and collaborate on all onboarding processes to ensure they remain impactful and efficient and are delivering value.
- Provide HR with administrative support and project management as needed.
- Keep our Guru pages updated with relevant information.
- Consistently evaluate current partnerships (office, subscriptions, engagement, etc.) and look for new opportunities and offerings.
- Communicate and plan ahead for when remote and international employees will be visiting the office to encourage awareness and collaboration opportunities.
- Welcome and orient new and visiting employees to the office.
- 3+ years experience in an equivalent role.
- Previous administrative experience is essential.
- Organizational skills and a very keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Experience working in high-growth, startup environments – an advantage.
- A positive and upbeat attitude, and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to delivering a high level of customer service, both internally and externally.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- An ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple priorities at any given time.
- An ability to work well independently and be an effective collaborator within and across teams.
- The motivation to drive toward solutions and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated passion for overall employee experience and lifecycle.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Google Suite, and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Discretely handle sensitive and confidential information and interactions.
- An ability to work at least 4 days per week out of our NYC office.
- Interest in HR tech and changing the future of work a plus!