- Marketing Technology & Operations Senior Strategist - New York City, NY
- Senior Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure Engineering - New York City, NY
- Senior Product Marketing Manager, Bio Sites - New York City, NY
- Software Engineer, Backend Platform - New York City, NY
- Staff Technical Program Manager - Commerce - New York City, NY
Squarespace provides innovative tools that enable customers to easily create, manage, and publish exceptional websites.
The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager and intellectually curious Financial Analyst to partner with our Product organization. You will partner with the FP&A Manager to explore a range of business questions, ultimately driving company strategy, empowering executive decision making, and guiding the company towards achieving its goals. We help set the company-wide targets, provide forecasts and real time analytics to executives and business leaders, and partner cross functionally to evaluate strategic business and product decisions. The ideal candidate will not only have superb technical skills but also strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and present to all levels of the organization.
We expect this Analyst to be a proactive member of the FP&A team, asking a lot of questions to learn on the job and grow along with the company. You will dig into challenges – from routine operations, to forecasting and planning – to connect the dots and draw valuable insights for the business. You will also develop strong relationships with the leaders on your partner teams, therefore should have strong communication and presentation skills to translate complex trends into easily digestible discussion points. This is the perfect opportunity to use your critical thinking and analytical abilities to learn the inner workings of a successful organization.
You will report into the FP&A Manager, and be based in our New York headquarters. We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19.
YOU’LL GET TO…
- Support the strategic planning process for various planning/forecasting cycles and ad hoc
- Identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes and propose improvements to streamline the use of key business metrics
- Be a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable systems to support business growth
- Ability to create and foster strong cross-functional networks with excellent leadership, influencing, and communication skills
- Gather, review, and communicate fact based insights into variances and trends of key financial and operational metrics for management, external, and board reporting to support organization initiatives
- Manage financial reporting and close process, including variance analysis
- Partner with the Product organization to develop business cases in support of new product and feature launches
- Develop impactful, compelling presentation materials (decks, notes, write-ups, backup materials, etc.) that effectively communicates outlooks, drivers, business performance, risks and opportunities to senior leadership
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years experience in financial planning& analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent experience
- Mastery of Excel
- Detail oriented and highly organized self starter with a drive to dig into complex problems
- High attention to detail but an equally important ability to see the big picture and evaluate analyses with strategic business context
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines with a strong sense of ownership, intellectual curiosity and an ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills and comfort working across the organization
- Deep understanding of P&L components and unit economics
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic