- Senior Software Development Engineer - Amazon International Technology Expansion - Paris
- E-Retail Content Project Manager (Amazon expert) - Paris
- Amazon Sales Manager - Paris
- Key account manager Amazon - Paris
- Développeur Marketplace Amazon - Paris
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Global System Integrators (GSI) business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
As a Mainframe Solution Architect, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS) as well as the specific mainframe migration and modernization tools across the GSI community. Your responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement with strategic mainframe partners.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skill in mainframes, mainframe migration tools, mainframe modernization approaches as well as customer facing skills to engage with CTOs/CIOs/Chief architects. The ideal candidate should also have demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Key job responsibilities
As a strategic member of the Partner Solution Architecture team, you will act as a trusted advisor to our GSI’s for mainframe migrations and modernizations. This will include:
- Serving as a key member in helping to drive overall AWS mainframe technical strategy
- Enable and align GSI partners with AWS mainframe modernization approach and methodology
- Create joint offerings which can include AWS services, ProServe, consulting partners, technology partners in order to deliver higher value propositions to customers with mainframes
- Advise customers and commercial sales teams on the AWS mainframe modernization approach and recommend qualified partners to support customer needs
- Showcase customer success from mainframe projects with partner case studies and thought leadership
- Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful partner engagements worldwide
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community
- Share customer/partner feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS
- Technical content composition and delivery: blogs, whitepapers, technical presentations at worldwide major conferences
Position may be located near any Amazon regional office within the United States. Relocation assistance offered from within the US. Up to 50% travel (Post COVID-19 Travel Restrictions).
About the team
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 7+ years of experience in an Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of large-scale Mainframe migration solutions
- 7+ years of experience with mainframe, non-x86 legacy systems and with technologies such as COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 for z/OS, Assembler, PL/I, Java, Rexx, flat/sequential files, GDGs, and VSAM
- 5+ years of experience migrating workloads from mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems to distributed x86 infrastructures on-premises or in the Cloud
- 5+ years of experience integrating mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems with distributed Linux-based or Windows-based x86 servers
- 5+ years experience in a customer facing roles and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations
- Experience writing and publishing technical whitepapers or blogs
- Multi-tier distributed architecture experience within IT consulting, IT operations, application development or support
- Experience in transforming legacy IT solutions, and working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Experience using IBM mainframe and ISV tools for maintaining online or batch applications
- Active AWS certifications
- Experience working on pre-sales initiatives such as RFP, RFI’s, etc. for mainframe modernization projects
- Verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.