Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Canada is a fast-growing business where our business model is evolving with technology and industry trends. We need nimble leaders who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done in an environment that resembles a start-up. Amazon is seeking to hire and develop leaders that can grow into general managers that can independently run large business segments spanning multiple functional areas. Incoming hires are given ownership of large, important areas of opportunity; the autonomy to make decisions; and the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience.
The successful candidate should have experience driving projects from concept to execution. They will work closely with program managers and partner teams to develop and implement projects impacting the category across a range of subjects, from Customer and Delivery Experience to pricing to selection. They should also have experience building strong relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. They will work with strategic vendors/brands for the Hardlines categories and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all levels of the organization. The candidate must also possess strong analytical skills and be comfortable drawing metrics-based conclusions by leveraging and interpreting data while working with cross-functional teams across strategic, marketing, and operational business issues.
The ideal candidate has strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management. They should be able to define and drive long-term objectives and strategy for the business. Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills are musts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience in Account Management, Project/Program Management, or Buying
- Experience using data to influence business decisions
- Experience driving internal cross-team collaboration
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Define strategies to deliver best-in-class customer experience while delivering profitable growth in the retail category
- Develop knowledge of supply/ demand trends and success drivers of your category
- Establish relationships and negotiate agreements/deals with leading manufacturers and brands. Drive new product launches and additions in the category
- Execute and lead projects to more efficiently source stock, manage prices, execute promotions
- Collaborate with vendors and merchandising teams on promotions and marketing initiatives and coordinate with the merchandising team to execute these activities
- Collaborate with operational teams to ensure healthy inventory levels while managing stock-out/ overstock risk
- Participate in day-to-day operational aspects of the category, including gathering and addressing customer feedback, price monitoring, business improvement initiatives
- MBA preferred
- Excellent business judgment with strong written and oral communication skills
- Superior analytical abilities and quantitative skills. Comfortable with complex financial data.
- Polished communication skills – speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment start-up like environment figuring it out and adapting as you go
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- Ability to think and lead in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to own, manage and speak to a P&L
- Proficient in Excel
• The pay range for this position in Colorado is $_98K – 160K/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.