Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for a strategic leader with super-powers in program strategy, writing, prioritization, and getting things done to join the program team that supports Prime Video and Studios (PVS), Amazon Music, Games, Audible, and Twitch organizations. This is a leader that partners with senior leadership on or independently owns topline and central priority program work; this person drives, builds, and grows strategic operational mechanisms as a part of the ‘central engine,’ and directly supports the collective org, building out future priority areas of focus that align to org goals.
This role requires a self-starter that is a strong, innovative thinker with a proven record of creating and implementing strategic plans focused on short-term wins and long-term gains, influences multi-functionally, prioritizes quickly and effectively, and executes flawlessly by insisting on the highest standards in a dynamic environment. You will interact with stakeholders at all levels to gather requirements, feedback, and user stories, define objectives, and deliver results. You will be responsible for implementing and iterating standard processes. You will foster a culture of continuous improvement, providing thought leadership to and influencing change at all levels in the organization. The ideal candidate is someone with a demonstrated history of successfully owning and managing large, complex problems and engaging with cross-functional teams and numerous stakeholders, directly and through influence, and is comfortable in dealing with ambiguity, has a strong attention to detail, is motivated by a fast-paced environment, and is comfortable thinking big and diving deep.
You’re a great program leader and you thrive working in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced environment in which solving challenging problems is the norm. You excel at solving problems, thinking a few steps ahead, developing processes and improving them across multiple stakeholder groups. You’re detail oriented, and you think outside of the box and challenge the status quo. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals. People trust and respect you, and they like to work with you.
This position can be located in Amazon’s corporate offices in Seattle, WA/Los Angeles, CA/SF Bay Area/NYC/Arlington, VA/Atlanta, GA.
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the Global Media and Entertainment (GME) PXT/HR Org and with key PXT Leaders
- Flawlessly execute and lead operational mechanisms, while also tracking and measuring the success of each, capturing best practices, and iterating where needed
- Drive as the key central owner of priority projects across the collective org or provide PM partnership to PXT COE leaders for priority project work
- Think big and build long-term and short-term program strategies based on performance metrics, project complexity, and team dependencies
- Own regular business reviews with leadership and operational teams to audit ongoing performance against key metrics and program goal
- Define new goals to measure the success of the Project Management Office and drive health of the program
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to execute mechanisms and progress tracking to topline priorities and goals across the org
- Comfortably transition between big picture, strategic thinking and tactical, day-to-day planning and execution.
- Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal business partners.
- Collaborate with Program Managers across the org to develop, execute, and fulfill programs, as well as develop new programs to meet emerging needs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience in program or project management
- 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- 7+ years of experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
- 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 10+ years of experience leading relevant HR operational programs, including experience leading cross-functional, global projects.
• Self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
• Strong background in building and executing in a highly ambiguous, flexible environment.
• Exceptional data-driven, business writing skills.
• Experience identifying and resolving issues independently, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
• Strong bias for action and “get stuff done” attitude.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.