Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers who love what they do.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Professional Services Intern (Cloud Infrastructure Architect) – 6 month internship
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and intern who can build innovative & mission critical system software applications & tools for customers. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of enterprise solutions using amazing technologies on AWS. You will be responsible for support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
As a Professional Services intern, you will gain hands-on experience in cloud computing, develop business acumen, and learn about Amazon’s peculiar culture. You will work on projects, have the opportunity to obtain the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification, and attend professional development events. You will partner with customers and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, select interns will receive a full-time offer to join as an Associate Solutions Architect (which includes a twelve-month training program, known as AWS Tech U) in 2022/2023, after completion of their degree program. This will be a full-time (38 hours/week) internship, lasting for 4-6 months. Applicants should have at a minimum of one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
Key job responsibilities
• Work as part of a team of experienced AWS consultants at our customers and together with our customers’ business and IT specialists to help them achieve their desired business outcomes.
• Receive continuous mentoring and training to support your personal and professional development both in your field of specialty.
• Assist to complete architecture design, implementation, document writing, etc.
• Assist to complete some research projects based on practical cases.
• Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality architecture.
• Ability to design and code right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
• Candidates must have a Masters in Computer Science or Engineering or related field.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases, Multi-threading programming.
• More than 1 year Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Go or Java in a Linux environment. or, more than 1 year project experience of developing on AWS or other public cloud.
• Ability of presentation and document writing skills with MS PowerPoint/Word.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Familiar with AWS or other public cloud and architecture, hands-on experience on the cloud.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), ideally S3, EC2, RDS, Lambda, CDK, Kinesis and DynamoDB.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem-solving skills and effective communication.
• Good working experience on high traffic microservices.
• Solid understanding of DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP and other common network protocols.
• Experience designing and building applications using container or serverless technologies.