Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead and manage our partnerships that support our most Strategic Partners. Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position Amazon as the technology platform of the future? As a Partner Business Development Manager (BDM), you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of Amazon’s infrastructure web services (Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, and Amazon SQS) across AWS’s most strategic business partners and the customers they support.
You will drive sales enablement and execution with AWS partners by teaming with AWS field leaders and regional Partner Success Management teams. This requires driving executive and field relationships with partners, customer, and the AWS team.
You will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth via partner led and AWS supported opportunities. You will work with the Partner Development Managers and broader AWS Partner Network (APN) Segment teams to identify and engage partners focused on solution areas including business applications, big data, IoT, migration, managed services, digital transformation, and industry verticals.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong sales background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a solid technical sales background that enables them to easily interact with technical leaders within and outside of AWS. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Strong preference for this position to be in New York, NY, but open to Seattle, WA and San Francisco, CA. Relocation offered from within the US to any of these locations.
- 7+ years of sales and/or business development experience in the High Tech industry
- Experience engaging and influencing C-level executives, both business and technical
- Experience creating and managing pipeline and output metrics reporting
- Experience presenting and articulating complex business and technical concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Experience working effectively across different sales, business development, and technical teams
- Experience working with Systems Integrators (SI) and Independent Software Vendors (ISV) to drive strong customer outcomes and new sales growth
- Prior direct sales experience
- International field experience and/or experience working with the Global 100
- Experience with complex bid and proposal processes that bring together multiple partners to formulate and submit winning proposals
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
-Portuguese or Spanish languages
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.