Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about Cloud Security? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale challenges in the world today? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners that use cloud computing services to run their solutions faster, safer and at lower cost?
At AWS Enterprise Support we are looking for a Senior Security Specialist to provide unique deep-dive technical engagements for our Enterprise customers across the Americas. You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations.
You will provide strategic technical guidance to proactively improve performance, reliability, security and cost-effectiveness of customers’ solutions using AWS best practices. This role will focus on AWS Security best practices for identity management, cryptography, compliance across the AWS service portfolio.
This position will require the ability to travel 20% or more as needed. This position can work out of any AWS location within the US.
- 6+ years of technical engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or 8 years of equivalent work experience
- Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience as a technical lead
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Experience (5+ years) in developing and implementing security operations and technology in large, complex enterprises in multiple industry verticals, across a wide range of technology platforms
- Company or regional-level recognition in the area of specialization.
- Ability to understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business app requirements.
- 10+ years of technical engineering experience
- Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for four (4) or more of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
- Experience in Informational Technology operations
- Professional oral and written communication skills, presenting to an audience containing one or more decision maker(s)
- Experience with AWS services and/or other cloud offerings
- Certification: AWS Security Speciality, CISSP, CREST, CEH, SANS GIAC (GSE, Cyber Defence, Pen Testing, IR, Security Essentials)
- Advanced Degree (MS, PhD)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .