Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to change the way customers use their voice to control and interact with entertainment devices? There has never been a more exciting time to join the Amazon Alexa team. Come help us mold the future of voice.
Alexa is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric team player to help define strategy and drive new partnerships with entertainment partners that build TVs and streaming media players. As a Principal Business Development Manager, Tech, you will be working with the largest consumer electronic companies in the world to build great experiences for Alexa customers. The ideal candidate has solid technical expertise as well as sound business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and relationship management in an international setting.
Key job responsibilities
Some of the key job functions of this position include:
- Define and deliver the strategy to partner with entertainment consumer electronic companies to build Alexa voice experiences into their products and services.
- Build both executive and working-level relationships with large, multinational technology companies.
- Negotiate agreements defining key technical, financial, and business commitments.
- Align partner activities with internal marketing, product, legal and engineering teams.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to senior leadership updating on progress and roadblocks.
A day in the life
You will be a single point of contact for some of Alexa’s most strategic partnerships. As part of the role, you will lead business strategy & execution, while contributing and working across Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Leadership to deliver great outcomes for customers and our business.
About the team
Our team operates with individual autonomy and ownership, where business development managers are single threaded owner of their accounts. We are a team of business development leaders who lift each other up, learn, and teach. Team members are counted on to seek opportunities to improve the overall customer experience and partnerships even if its not part of their job description.
- 10+ years of business development and/or strategic partnerships experience in voice services, internet, consumer electronics, and/or high-tech industries.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively using sound business judgment.
- Experience negotiating software and services agreements with all parts of the technology value chain.
- Proven project management skills and capability for working with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Track record of successfully driving opportunities with international partners.
- Strong examples of negotiation results with major technology companies.
- Proven leadership, problem solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action
- Deep analytical and quantitative skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.