Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Alexa Global Quality (AGQ) team focuses on expanding Alexa’s capabilities on a global scale. We take on the unique challenge of understanding the nuances of how Alexa enabled devices can serve customers’ needs in different cultures and locations. If you are interested in shaping the future of Alexa for customers around the world, come and join our team.
Software Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs) at Amazon test cutting-edge applications at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and design automated tests and/or user-level test automation tooling. QAEs work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. QAEs also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Business Intelligence to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world experiences. QAEs are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with consumer application testing expertise. You will join a team of hands-on, pro-active, self-motivated, and seasoned QA professionals.
Watch this space to learn more about Alexa in Australia:
Key job responsibilities
- You will be responsible for understanding Alexa and the product features in detail, using a deep understanding of the cloud architecture, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Natural Language Understanding (NLU) systems to develop and execute comprehensive test strategies, test plans and test cases.
- You will be responsible to deliver manual/automated solutions to test customer-facing features.
- You will support automation frameworks that work across a wide range of Alexa devices to establish a continuous testing model.
- Find, isolate, root case, document, and track bugs through resolution.
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Work with Software Development Engineers (SDEs) and QAEs to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented.
- Ensure the highest quality product delivery, working with a team of quality engineering professionals.
- You will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems in software quality assurance.
About the team
AGQ is one of the largest QA organizations in Amazon, and support Alexa’s internationalization (i18n) testing. AIQ works closely with Product Management, Software Development Engineering, User Experience Design, and other groups to understand the product vision, requirements and customer usage models, designing appropriate test strategies. As a part of the AGQ team in Sydney, the QAE will also work closely with various Alexa internal and external stakeholder teams, and support quality improvement of Alexa’s customer experiences as well as new product launches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 4+ years of Software QA testing experience.
- Experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer-oriented products.
- Demonstrated experience in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools.
- Demonstrated experience creating status reports based on automation results.
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities among multiple teams.
- Ability to define test methodologies across different products. Analysis of device system performance vs. expected results.
- Development of quality validation and test plans for consumer electronic devices from proof-of-concept to mass production.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Experience working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment, in close contact with development and business teams to understand business requirements and to communicate problem impacts.
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- Experience with business intelligence tools, techniques and technology, or experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics solutions.