Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for high caliber and tested Software Development Engineers to start a project with strategic significance and high exposure. The initiative is fundamental to Amazon’s future, and will provide great personal satisfaction and career development as we tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and building highly scalable services. It will lay the foundation for Amazon’s future retail technology while serving a wide range of existing external customer needs. We are building extremely customer focused software that can also serve many fast-growing businesses for decades to come. The project will have regular reviews with the company’s senior leaders. The scope of the project is set to scale rapidly for the next few years post launch.
This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving algorithmically complex problems, front end and backend services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. As innovators we embrace new technology, you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems.
If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Object Oriented Design, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with Relational and No SQL Databases
- Experience with Spring, MVC frameworks, REST/RPC API design and development
- Experience with Big-data Analytics
- Practical experience writing large scale web applications including architectural decisions, language choices, frameworks and implementation
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.