Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. To meet the growing demand for AWS Services across the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you have excellent organizational and communication skills, a passion for working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and a desire to provide exceptional customer service, we’d like to speak with you! Here’s your chance to join our Training & Certification team working in the highly visible role of Product Manager – Learning Products, focused on training products aligned to AWS Customer Engagement, Business Applications, SAP and Windows services and solutions.
The successful candidate will have a strong execution mindset and possess the ability to take initiative to complete complex tasks and projects quickly and autonomously. React with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, switch gears at a moment’s notice, and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
The position requires a candidate who demonstrates strong understanding and experience in cloud technologies, and product management discipline.
He/She should be able to demonstrate strong understanding / experience with developing solutions for large/complex cloud solutions focused on security & infrastructure technologies using AWS cloud platform services with a broad understanding of the operational and inter-connective value of the AWS platform portfolio and products and solution offerings. (e.g., AWS S3/EBS/EFS, Aurora/DynamoDB, SageMaker, AWS EC2/Lambda/ECS/EKS, Route53/Direct Connect) with a focus on the current and emerging solutions.
This position can be based at any office in the US.
Travel up to 15%, domestic and globally, and sometimes on short notice.
Key job responsibilities
• Able to identify key customer challenges and define AWS solutions to address customer challenges.
• Define and create detailed course proposals based on training product requirements
• Actively seek out customer requirements and feedback using scalable mechanisms.
• Prioritization based on data and evidence
• Proactively collaborate with senior leaders and cross-functional teams within AWS to assess and define robust training needs
• Lead and manage the development of the training product, through entire product life cycle, from roadmaps to end-of-life and deprecation.
• Own the user-experience for all training assets in your domain
• Problem solver who can work deeply with technical and non-technical teams.
• Ability to initiate new programs, obtain senior management buy-in and support and own the training product lifecycle (course) from definition to launch and regularly manage feedback.
• Manage global rollout of programs, working with product marketing, launch and training delivery teams
• Be the main point of contact for team members on training, enablement, and certifications for your domain
• Able to apply expertise in training methodology, curriculum development, course delivery, diverse training mediums, and training operations to our internal and external programs
• Define, develop, launch, and oversee quality of robust solution training programs and workshops for different audiences (customers, partners, etc.)
• Ability to confidently present to various levels of an organization in settings of up to 200 or more individuals
• Engage and understand patterns in their knowledge gaps, and provide thought leadership for proposed programs and curriculum.
• Define and manage KPIs to evaluate training effectiveness and propose adjustments to the training programs to improve performance and ensure objectives are met.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment.
• Must have a global mindset and have the ability to think at-scale.
About the team
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Minimum 3 + years’ experience in product management, solution and/or program management in a technical role, technical marketing, or equivalent.
• Technical background or experience in computer science, computer or equivalent engineering roles.
• 3 + years demonstrated understanding of cloud technologies and distributed computing.
• 3 + years recent experience writing product and market requirements documents for technical offerings.
• Recent experience (within the last 2 years) in a fast-paced technology company
• Previous experience with Amazon Web Services and architecting, migrating SAP & Windows solutions on AWS.
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Experience helping SaaS providers solve cloud challenges.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Master’s Degree in Business.
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges and translate into detailed execution plan.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at a salary range of $116,400/yr-$160,000/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits . Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.