Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Enterprise Networking is seeking a Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA.
The Enterprise Network provides mission-critical global connectivity for internal services and business applications, datacenter infrastructure equipment, and 1,000,000+ internal users.
Your work will manage a global program to scale network capacity for Amazon’s global Enterprise Network. You will manage a portfolio of projects — for the portfolio you will create structure, track status, and report to leadership. This role will be engaging, requiring interaction with many internal Networking and Service teams. As such visibility on your programs will be high and requires a PM with strong business acumen and precision communications.
A background in Networking and Data Center Infrastructure is essential for your success in this position.
- Manage multiple competing projects/programs simultaneously.
- Interact with engineers, technicians, project managers and senior management on a daily basis
- Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
- Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs.
- Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up.
- Prioritization, scheduling and reporting of global-scale programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 3 years professional experience for every 1 year of education
- 3 + years of technical project/program management experience
- PMP or the commitment to achieve this certification within one year of hire date
- Agile/SCRUM certifications or training
- CCNA/Network+ certifications or equivalent in either networking or system administration.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Demonstrated data center infrastructure experience
- Experience directing large scale data cabling projects
- Functional knowledge of networking services and protocols
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.