Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) Finance is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to be the trusted finance partner within our central finance team supporting our many sites and functional leaders. Amazon operates the most complex retail networks in the world, delivering billions of packages to hundreds of millions of homes and businesses annually and we have nearly doubled the size of our fulfillment network over the last two years! Come be part of this tremendous growth and join a dedicated team committed to operational and financial excellence where you will focus on the inputs, think like an owner and where every day is Day One.
Key job responsibilities
The Variable FP&A team delivers financial reporting of operational performance and is responsible for consolidating the plan(s) to achieve financial targets set out by the leadership team for the US Customer Fulfillment (CF) Network. Encompassing Amazon’s leadership principles, the team consolidates complex information into a concise story to help navigate conversations that lead to visibility into productivity and volume/mix, as well as strategic decision making within wage and headcount.
Business Finance Support:
- You independently align financial and operational analyses with your business partners, challenging business partner assumptions when necessary.
- You use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models and analyses with little guidance and draw conclusions and make recommendations that deliver results, and drive improvements.
- You identify and implement opportunities to resolve finance issues, improve, scale, or simplify finance tools, technology, and processes across teams and organizations (invent and simplify).
- You understand how data flows through our financial platforms and know the right data to use for analysis.
- You identify and solve complex data integrity issues and collaborate with stakeholders on resolution, insisting on the highest standards.
- You identify the need for improved controls to address risk driven by business, industry, policy, and regulatory changes and proactively propose control solutions.
- You develop and execute data analysis processes that are scalable and auditable.
- You communicate data in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both verbally and in writing.
- You adjust communications based on audience and can articulate complex finance issues to non- Finance partners.
- You have backbone and challenge business partner plans and assumptions when needed.
- You navigate across organizations and identify the right teams to participate in discussions.
- You take part in hiring and developing activities and mentor new team members.
- You positively contribute to work/life harmony on your team and find creative solutions to solve gaps for your team.
- You seek, value, and leverage diverse perspectives.
A day in the life
You start the day off providing the financial analysis and trade-offs for a white paper that will be presented to leadership next week. You meet with your business partner to review the document together and challenge assumptions and finalize the overall recommendation. Then you meet with your intern to review the status of their project and give them feedback or insight on possible next steps.
About the team
This role will partner closely with a broad range of Senior Leaders in Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Procurement, Accounting, HR and Technology. This role plays a critical role as a financial advocate and business partner. This role will design, develop, and maintain performance measurements and reporting on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
- Minimum 5 years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Internal candidates may not be required to relocate to Nashville, however travel will be required to BNA12.
- Strong analytic, financial modeling, and reporting skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.