Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you like helping U.S. Department of Defense organizations implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Come join our team as a Solutions Architect and help us accelerate our growing U.S. Defense Department business as part of the World Wide Public Sector practice. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s truly innovative technical teams, while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, providing inputs to RFI and RFP responses, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
You will provide thoughtful technical design and offer sensitivity to our customer needs in the Defense markets for cloud computing working with a truly innovative sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solution architect community. You will have the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
You should apply to this role if you are passionate about:
• Creating, building, educating, training and designing cloud computing architectures, especially if it’s for Defense Department customers.
• Our company credo: “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” It’s critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
• Deep-dive technical discussions around design and the curiosity to keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends
Experience in the following key areas are helpful:
• Executive Speaking and Presentation Skills White board, small and large group presentations
• Technical Experience with web applications services development/deployment, DevOps/DevSecOps, cloud computing, data and database architectures and analytics, or networking
• Operational Web site/services operations, management, and security
• Economic and business RFP/Acquisition support; technical architecture; understanding market trends; cost benefit analysis
• Advisory/Consulting experience with Defense Department customers
The position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and that they are able to obtain and hold a Secret Security Clearance
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
• 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
• 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
• 5+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, or networking
• This position requires applicants to be able to obtain a US Government Security Clearance of Secret or above.
• Knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life cycle
• Experience managing highly available data center operations with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, server hardware and storage
• 2+ years of experience in sales engineering or solutions architecture for technology/software sales
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.