Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Devices is an inventive research and development organization that designs, engineers, and builds high-profile consumer electronic devices and solutions. We deliver delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical. Core Device Software (“CDS”) is a global team in Amazon Devices that is responsible for developing critical software and technology that powers many Amazon and third-party devices.
As we launch new technologies that drive future customer experiences, the CDS Business and Partnerships team is looking for a highly motivated and customer-focused Principal Solutions Architect. You will be the trusted partner to our application and OS developers, advising them on how to best build world-class solutions and experiences. You will engage with partners to understand their product and business drivers, assess their portfolio needs, and design performant, reliable, and cost-effective architectures. As we grow our developer community, you will capture and share our best practices, generate technical content, and evangelize our solutions to grow the community. This position requires technical expertise, the ability to effectively communicate and evangelize, and a relentless commitment to long-term customer outcomes.
The position is available in Arlington (VA), Irvine (CA), or Sunnyvale (CA).
Key job responsibilities
• Quickly understand technical architectures to identify how our solutions can deliver for our developers
• Build proof of concept solutions to guide and shape the developer and customer journey
• Build reference architecture, frameworks, and toolkits to drive adoption at scale
• Develop unique, compelling, and exciting presentations and demonstrations of new Amazon technologies
• Deliver persuasive, passionate, high impact, high quality presentations to senior decision makers
• Document best practices and create development resources that can be used by developers
• Manage complex projects with significant impact
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related technical discipline (or comparable industry experience)
• 12+ years of experience in design and development of device, mobile, or user interface solutions
• 3+ years of customer-facing roles, evangelizing technologies and building/maintaining developer relations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to think about business challenges and articulate technical solutions to solve those problems.
• Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
• Experience developing and launching large-scale applications or custom user experiences, including new merging technologies
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry
• Strong problem-solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.