- Amazon FBA Sales Agent - Telemarketing and Online Sales - Cambridge
- QA Engineer - Ring, Ring - Cambridge
- Software Development Manager (Embedded), Ring - Cambridge
- 2023 Applied Science Internship - Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Text-to-Speech - Cambridge
- Software Development Manager - Cambridge
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about taking responsibility for operating and engineering systems on a massive scale, and willing to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing? Do you want to accelerate your career by leading the development and launch of core product features, which will impact millions of Ring customers around the world? Are you passionate about agile and have a proven delivery track record?
Come join us, we are looking for a Software Development Manager who will be building innovative, mission critical cloud based systems!
A successful Software Development Manager should be highly autonomous with strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze quantitatively, effectively prioritize deliverables and make data-driven decisions. This is an exceptional opportunity to join Ring’s engineering organization and drive the growth of your team and the products you will be owning.
Key job responsibilities
- leads teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes,
- mentors and supports team members in their continuous growth and career development,
- oversees project resource allocation,
- strives to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs, and to reduce inefficiencies and waste,
- advocates on behalf of team members by securing adequate resources for their success,
- maintains high level of business and technical expertise,
- assures high quality of deliverables and services rendered,
- collaborates and maintains relationships with other team leaders and departments.
About the team
This role will be a part of the engineering organization working on cloud-based Ring solutions, such as video streaming features like Live View, computer vision, and high-performance computing.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, with a solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals ,
- experience doing hands-on software development,
- leading professional software development team,
- promotes robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and delivers high quality work.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field,
- deep understanding of software development in a team and a track record of shipping quality software on time,
- experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs,
- knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations,
- excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.