Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re building out our Resiliency teams within Professional Services to help our customers plan, build and mature their ability to ensure their production environments and applications running on AWS meet their intended business outcomes and are resilient.
As a Sr. Reliability Lead you will have the opportunity to assist enterprise level customers in creating a resilient ongoing run function for their cloud environment, by leveraging automation, production KPIs, predictive analytics, and AI/ML. In this role, you will help customers to increase their resiliency posture in architecture, operations and testing.
Additionally, in this role you will have the opportunity to partner with our customer’s development, SRE, operations, change, and service management teams to identify, define, and build the expected operational resiliency. Additionally, as a Senior Reliability Lead your team focuses on and sets best practices, direction, and drives resiliency for the most critical workloads. This team will be responsible for defining & driving proactive consulting engagements for our customers most demanding workloads.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
- In this role, you would be viewed as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams, leading technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
- Architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS
- Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
- Advise customers on implementing AWS best practices
- Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise
- Represent the voice for developers internally and influence our AWS Professional Services offerings and AWS product strategy for developers by working with AWS platform engineering, Business Development and other cross-functional teams
- 5+ years of experience as a solution architect in Customer-facing roles
- 5+ years of experience leading technical interactions with executive IT leadership
- 2+ years of Cloud experience
- 1+ year of experience in adopting chaos engineering techniques to validate system resiliency
- Understanding of enterprise IT operational capabilities examples include Change, Release, Incident Management, infrastructure management or applications management
- Experience in architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
- Experience in designing and building applications using container and serverless technologies
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Understanding of Tier 0 / Tier 1 enterprise workloads and resiliency best practices
- Experience in implementing automated fail-over strategies across regions
- Experience with Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
The pay range for this position in New York City is $169,000 – $228,600/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $153,600.00 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.