Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is continuously striving to be the Earth’s most customer-centric company. AWS has the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, with the deepest and broadest portfolio of cloud services available. Every day we are helping customers and partners maximize the value of cloud computing technologies.
AWS Professional Services (ProServe) is a global team of consultants that helps enterprise customers achieve their business outcomes on AWS Cloud. ProServe consultants work with hundreds of the world’s largest enterprises to help them deliver their cloud initiatives.
About the Role
As a Principal Cloud Architect, you will work with our customers to deliver AWS solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, High-Performance Compute (HPC), batch processing & big data, archiving & disaster recovery for a wide range of industries. You will also have the opportunity to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity. Lastly, you will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects.
This role combines thought leadership across the globe with cutting code, designing architectures, and helping our customers build system components as they move and build new applications in the cloud.
- Lead multiple large customer teams through planning, prioritization on complex transformation initiatives.
- Partner with senior stakeholders regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Lead project scoping and resource planning based on experience and insights
- Proactively seek new value-add opportunities for customers, and converts those new opportunities to realized value.
- Work with prospective customers on-site to understand customer’s requirements, propose packaged offerings, and deliver custom solution engagements
- Regularly coach and mentor other team members on various areas of technical expertise
ABOUT THE TEAM
Amazon is peculiar, AWS ProServe is no different. Like any other Amazonian, we are customer obsessed and this shows through us keeping our project timelines short, our customers’ AWS bills as low as they can, and enabling them to support themselves after we leave; we also develop and share our intellectual properties freely to enable our customers and partners.
WHY JOIN US? We truly make a difference a Principal Cloud Architect is not a monotonous dull job. Not only do you get to play with the coolest technologies out there, we actually make history by transforming our customers’ ways of working not just technically, but culturally and holistically too. Going home at night knowing that you did something meaningful is incredibly satisfying. Also, you never work alone – even if you are the only consultant at a customer site At AWS, you are surrounded by highly talented colleagues who are only a click or call away, and are always more than happy to help out.
We are open to hiring this role in any major city in Australia or New Zealand.
- Experience in cloud migrations including scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures
- Customer facing skills, ideally gained in enterprise technology leadership, presales or consultancy roles
- Experienced in leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
- Experienced with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- Strong track record of hands-on, production AWS experience
- Able to travel to client locations as needed
- TOGAF Certification
- AWS Certifications professional level
We’re passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. Benefits include:
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible workplace: flexible daily working hours, we value work-life-harmony
- Amazon Employee Discount on product and services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don’t wait, apply today!