Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Operations is looking for Project Managers with project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional and technology projects and programs within Amazon Global Specialty Fulfillment Centers. These roles require scoping and creating project plans, developing processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process/project changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
Do you know how to filter extraneous information in the face of adversity (scope change) while keeping your composure?
Can you excel and remain flexible in the height of ambiguity while making sound business decisions? If so then this role is for you!
Key job responsibilities
- Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the assigned program, project or sub-task
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
- Define the project (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
- Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
- Partner with customers, and internal/external teams to ensure timelines and deliverables are met.
- Work with Sr. project manager and program managers, to communicate and track continuous improvement opportunities.
- Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
- Responsible for overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and Go-Live
- Responsible for managing overall project budget and approving all purchase orders
- Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity within the project including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule
- Active participant in vendor and Amazon safety policies
- Regional travel up to 80%
- 3+ years experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
- Experience in a distribution environment, material handling equipment (pallet racking, conveyor and fork trucks) or related field
- 3+ years of experience in complex project management, budgets and implementation with proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft office products (MS Project 2010, Excel, Access)
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple competing projects and priorities simultaneously
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field
- Operations Management/Fulfillment Center experience
- Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
- Proven ability to influence internal/external stakeholders without authority to adopt new processes/initiatives
- Executive level written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated success in thinking strategically and executing methodically
- Experience handling changing priorities and using good judgment when working in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability working in an ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.